Another month has flown by and now Eli is NINE months old - Count them: one, two, three...NINE! Here's Eli's nine month stats:
Height: 27 1/2" - 25%
Weight: 16 pounds 10 ounces - 3%
So it looks like he still a little peanut, but praise GOD he still on the charts. Dr. Greyson said he looks good and she's not worried about his weight - YEAH! The past month has been a little challenging with this sweet boy. He is quite the "Mama's Boy" and if I am in the room or he hears my voice he screams for me until I scoop him up in my arms. I love that he loves me so much, but sometimes it's a bit smothering - so I am hoping this is a phase and it will pass quickly.
EATING:
His eating has pretty much stayed the same, which is nothing to complain about. He is very adventurous in trying different foods and loves to eat off our plates - so unlike Matt or I! Eli loves mashed potatoes, juice from Ashtyn's fruit cups, pinto beans, baked beans, macaroni and cheese, peaches, bananas, and he has even tried Green Chili and loved it - mild of course! He also loves to eat Puffs now and Cheetos - between Ashtyn and Eli I think they go through a can a day!
SLEEPING:
Again, nothing much different. Routinely takes a 2 hour nap in the morning and then cat naps the rest of the day. He is a great sleeper!
PERSONALITY:
Eli's personality is what has matured and keeps changing by the moment. He is still very happy, but now knows how to throw little fits when we say "No", take away something he shouldn't have or even worse when we take the TV remote away and give him one to play with - he knows the one we give him does not work - must be a boy thing! He hums alot - not sure why, but when he is playing with toys or scooting around he keeps says "hmm", "hmm." - He loves music and it tends to calm him down when he is fussy. Grandma Sandy has a DVD filled with kid's Christian music and he will sit and watch the entire DVD staring at the TV - probably not the best thing for a nine month old, but when you want a peaceful dinner it works perfectly! He loves his Mama very much and I get the biggest smiles and kisses from him - I don't care if I baby him, he is just too precious not to!
TRICKS:
Well, he finally learned to CRAWL - what an exciting moment that was! He has been trying for a couple months now and all of a sudden on Sunday night he just went for a ball and he was crawling - AMAZING! He is definitely enjoying being able to explore, but is learning the hard way with bumps and bruises! Now he is getting into Ashtyn's "treasures" so we have some major baby proofing to do. He now claps his hands while screaming! My favorite is hearing him try to make a "monkey" sound. I do a great "monkey sound which has always made him laugh and now he tries to copy me - lips and all! He loves to be outside, where we have been spending alot of our free time with the weather being so nice. We push him around in this little bug car and he gets so excited. The first time we buckled him in, he put his hands on the steering wheel and then stood up - like saying "Ready to GO!" It was adorable and made me laugh - he looked just like Matt riding his 4-wheeler! Must be an ability a boy is born with - standing up while driving!
Like I always say - Eli is growing up so fast which is heartbreaking sometimes! But I am so thankful to have a happy, healthy baby boy that brings so much life to our family. I think the FUN is just about to begin...
Happy 9 months Bubba - you are getting so BIG! Mommy and Daddy love you bunches!
No comments:
Post a Comment