I hate to admit it but my daughter is a total "pack rat" something I am so the opposite of. I hate clutter, junk, crap and tend to throw everything away when I am cleaning and/or organizing - even things I do actually currently use or need sometimes - clutter just drives me nuts! So you can imagine my daughter's obsession with anything "small" or anything she finds on the ground, which we refer to as "treasures", but basically is "junk" tends to drive me a "bit" crazy. To go along with her collection of "treasures" she keeps them all in countless number of boxes (which are all over the house)...
The other night as I was cleaning up toys I noticed she had lined up "some" of her boxes on her table (she has many more then this, filled with "treasures"). I thought it was cute, had to take a picture, thus inspiring this blog post and how I can not forget this passion of my daughters which in turn drives me CRAZY! Although she collects junk she neatly stores them in any type of box she can find, and knows exactly what goes where and knows when something is missing or has been tampered with. Everyday she chooses one of her boxes to carry around with her and proceeds to add more treasures to it and then always has to show Matt and I when we get home from work what new things she has found. You'd be amazed at what we find sometimes...
When something small is missing, like my wedding ring for example, I tend to go right to one of her many boxes and sure enough I will find what I am looking for. Constantly seeing boxes and all her treasures scattered around does not give me much peace, but I guess I just need to have a little patience and hope this is just a phase. Can you imagine if it's not! I guess I will just refer to her as my little "Tinkerbell" which sounds so much better then "pack rat", because I am pretty sure if you needed to build or fix something Ashtyn would have the tool or object necessary to get the job done.
No comments:
Post a Comment