Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

Happy Mothers Day!
I am going to try to remember the positive of my mother's day weekend because it was quite the opposite of relaxing.  We were not cleared to start moving out of our house until Wednesday and then have to be out by the 16th of May, so basically that left this weekend to move - PERFECT!  So yes I spent the entire weekend packing and moving and unpacking and making several trips to Good Will - exhausting.  I now officially hate moving and the next house I purchase will be the last, because the whole process of moving just left a bad taste in my mouth.  But on to my mother's day weekend - the positive...
On Friday night, we took Kole and Shannon out to dinner to celebrate and to wine and dine them so they would help pack and move us.  We ate at Red Robin which is great for kids, because they can scream and it doesn't matter!  Saturday we moved all day - blah - but I do have to say thank you to my brother, Butch and Kole for helping us - without you guys, I would still be unloading that Uhaul! Love you all!
So Saturday night, Mama needed a break, the weather was Colorado perfect, so we had a BBQ in the backyard with our new roommates and of course Kole and Shannon.  We drank margaritas, watched our kids play in the yard and then walked to Starbucks to get dessert - what is better then that!  Not a whole lot in my world...it was a PERFECT Saturday night.  Except I have no pictures...

On Sunday, Matt let me sleep into 9am - HEAVEN - and then we laid around until we had to go finish packing.  Emily helped the kids make these adorable plaques of their hand prints and footprints along with yellow tulips - my fav! I don't know if I am overly stressed, tired or what - but those totally made me cry!  After packing and moving, Emily, Sandy and I headed to see a movie - Something Borrowed!  Highly recommended!  Afterwards we went home to have dinner and then off to bed!
So I guess it was a good mother's day, but I still could have done without the packing, moving part! 

No comments:

Post a Comment