We SOLD our house! What? Yah, I know, who would have thought we could sell a house in this economy...but we did! Totally unexpectedly our house sold after being on the market for just 6 days - CRAZY! I am still in shock over the whole thing and since it has been happening so fast I really have had no time to actually comprehend what is transpiring, but we are all relived and excited to have a fresh start living life a little differently. Sandy and I have joked for months about us moving in with them since we spend most of our time together as it is, we could save major money to eventually buy that dream house, and plus in a weird way it just makes sense - but Matt never would consider the idea, until one day. The day we realized our house was a "money pit" - I know most houses these days are money pits, but ours was the ultimate "money pit" and probably was never the best investment two newlyweds should have made in the first place - Live and Learn!
So we have moved our family of four into Matt's parents basement for the next couple years. The basement is very comfy, feels just like home, and plus all that really matters is that we are together, happy and surrounded by people who offer a ton of support and love.
That's what we have here - love.support.and a whole lot of CRAP!
We have a garage filled with stuff to sell, store or giveaway and it is quite overwhelming just looking at it, but at least we sold our money pit, found a great place to live with people we love and living a life we have wanted for a long time. I have mixed emotions about leaving our home - yes I am sad, because our house is filled with tons of beginnings for our family. That is the first huge purchase Matt and I did together (probably not the best decision looking back on it now, but still a huge step together. That is the home I brought both our babies home too and several other memories with friends and family. Ashtyn has been dealing with it pretty well, she asks tons of questions trying to fully understand what is happening and still thinks we are just having a sleep over at grandmas! She did ask me the last morning as we left for work from our home
"Mommy, how am I going to find Taylor (her BFF)?"
I got a little teary eyed and told her I would make sure to set up plenty of play dates.
It's definitely going to be an adjustment for all, but what a great adventure the next couple of years are going to be...
No comments:
Post a Comment