Today we went to the Rockies Game with Papa, Nana, Mimi, Chris, Brooke, Allie, Mari, Debbie, John and Carson! This was Ashtyn's first Rockies Game ever, and I must admit I was a little sceptical about how a 1 year old would behave, but she did great! Thankfully we had lots of family there for entertainment! Ashtyn was introduced to the famous "Rockies" hot dog, which was as long as her, but she actually ate the whole thing - of course with tons of ketchup. The weather was wonderful and luckily our seats were in the shade, so watching the game was very enjoyable from Right Field. Ashtyn clapped and yelled when the crowd did, and was very excited to see the water fountains in Outfield. She also loved dancing to the music - especially when a country song played - that's my little girl! I think Ashtyn's favorite part of the whole experience was Dip-n-Dots - I love this ice cream and always get a bowl when I come to the game, and thought I would share my treat with Ashtyn - well needless to say I got about two spoonfuls and Ashtyn ate the rest with a big smile on her face. I couldn't believe how she just LOVED it and would not share!
Besides the ice cream being a hit - Carson and Brooke got purple pom poms for Ashtyn, which Ashtyn just loved shaking them to the music or irritating Carson with them!

It was a great day to spend with the family and watching the Rockies play - who WON and hopefully will make it to playoffs! I definitely feel better about bringing Ashtyn to these types of events now, knowing she enjoys herself - she's growing up soooo fast!

No comments:
Post a Comment