Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Cookies

Traditionally every year all the women on my mom's side get together to bake TONS of cookies to give away to friends and family for Christmas as well as to enjoy during the Holiday Season. This year was no different - we all met over at Pam's kitchen to make sugar cookies, thumb prints, pitzels, kiflings, peanut butter balls and many others I don't even know the names of... It makes for a very busy day, but afterwards the table of cookies is very impressive.


Ashtyn and I joined the morning baking session before nap time, and I think Ashtyn enjoyed herself. Mimi had her help roll the Thumb Print balls, but she just ate the dough instead, so then we thought she might do better with the sugar cookies.


While Nana made the sugar cookies Ashtyn got to sprinkle the tops of them with red, green, purple and yellow sprinkles - she did very well at this, a little heavy on the sprinkling, but you really can't go wrong decorating sugar cookies.

I think she had a good time and it was fun to spend the day with Mimi, Nana and all the Aunts and Cousins. Now we get to start enjoying all the yummy cookies!


No comments:

Post a Comment