Monday, July 26, 2010

Eli's 1st month

A month has already past and Eli is 4 weeks old! Why does time go by so fast? It felt like it took forever for him arrive and now he has already been here an entire month - Unbelievable! Well, I couldn't imagine life without him at this point. I was very scared about how I could possibly love another child as much as I love Ashtyn - but it is possible! I have completely fallen in love with him - he has definitely completed our family! We have been blessed with yet another easy going baby - how could I be so lucky (knock on wood)! I can't complain about much - he sleeps, eats, poops and sleeps. That's about it! He has the sweetest cry, so when he does cry it just sounds like a little kitty purring - I am telling you I lucked out again! Hopefully, it will not wear off and a little monster will appear!


He is great sleeper and prefers to be snuggled which I am just loving! He is already sleeping in his crib at night - which Matt made me do since Ashtyn didn't make it out of our bed till 6 months or so - poor 2nd babies. I love to have him sleep on my chest which he typically does after his 3:00 am feeding till our next morning feeding. He has been sleeping a 5 hour stretch followed by a 4 hour stretch at night - so we can't complain about that. His feeding schedule during the day is every 3 hours and he is eating about 2 1/2 ounces of breast milk which I freshly pump for him - yep, I reverted to pumping again, the whole breastfeeding thing is just not my thing, but I still want him to have the good stuff. So until I go back to work I will make milk for him - and boy do I make the milk!

At his 2 week appointment he had gained his birth weight back and more now weighing 8lbs 2 ounces and grew to 21 inches long - so it looks like he is doing good! His umbilical cord and circumcision fell off a week later which I was very impressed with how fast that happened, so we gave him his first bath earlier then expected. He didn't enjoy it too much the first time...

Probably because he was cold - He's just like Matt and hates to be cold...


By the end of the bath though he was enjoying it a little bit. His skin was very wrinkly and dry - they say that's common with late babies - so he hasn't had to many baths to avoid over drying his skin! He has only peed on me 1 time, which I am quite proud of - I thought this would be a daily occurance, but so far I have been lucky. He loves to be swaddled all the time, so he is constantly wrapped up like a little burrito! It is so fun having a summer baby since we can be outside all the time - we took him on his 1st walk around the neighborhood around 2 weeks to enjoy the nice Colorado summer evening we are so lucky to have...

Eli is doing great so far and we are enjoying every minute of him. Ashtyn has been getting better with me and I think is finally coming around to the idea of having a sibling around. She still will not call him by his name he is still just "Baby" - but she is always making sure he is around and involved with whatever we are doing! I love having a baby boy and can't wait to watch him grow - the next month should be more exciting as he comes out of his newborn coma!

No comments:

Post a Comment