For New Years we headed up to Red Feather Lakes to spend the weekend in my family's cabin.
It was a quiet, relaxing, family bonding weekend - it was perfect!
We basically snuggled in the cabin playing with our new Christmas toys, watching movies and taking naps. It was great and just what we needed after the busy Christmas weekend we had had.
I tell you Eli LOVES beer and kept trying to sneak a drink...
Lots of naps - I think I actually caught up on sleep this weekend - amazing!
It was VERY windy on Saturday, so we didn't get to play outside like we were planning on, but the wind did die down around noon, so we headed out for a while to explore...
We took the 4-wheeler and checked out all the lakes and other cabins...
Once the wind started to pick up again we headed back to our cabin, changed into our pajamas and settled in for a cozy New Years Eve!
We got the kids some snacks and they watched a movie, while Matt and I enjoyed some Bluemoon and played scrabble on our new IPAD - it was great and mostly because I beat him!
After we had dinner, we got the kids settled into bed and I thought Matt and I could enjoy our New Years Eve together. In my mind I imagined us enjoying some champagne, watching a movie in front of the fire place and maybe make out a little - well when I went to ask him if he wanted a drink he was fast asleep - ASLEEP! And a couple seconds later he was snoring - LOUD!
So there I was left alone on New Year's Eve...the champagne bottle went unopened and because of such loud snoring coming from my husband I couldn't even watch TV...
So we were all asleep by 9:30 pm on New Years Eve!
Whoa - sit down party people!
I will admit getting a long, good nights rest was wonderful - but seriously 9:30pm!
The next morning the sun was shining and there was no wind - it was beautiful. So after breakfast we got in our snow gear and headed outside to have some fun.
We rode the 4-wheeler, went sledding and walked around on the frozen lakes...
Ashtyn loves to ride the 4-wheeler and her favorite place to go up there is Elf Lane - all the residents have decorated the little trail with little trinkets and figurines and Ashtyn loves to look at all of them. She tells us she is going to add to the collection the next time we visit.
Sledding was so much fun! Although climbing up the hill, with sleds and two kids is exhausting it was still enjoyed by us all. Eli even loved it - I wasn't sure how he would do, but he laughed and screamed, which meant he had a good time. He even got sprayed in the face with snow and was still smiling!
Walking on the frozen lakes was a bit freaky! We knew it was safe because there were a bunch of fishermen out in the middle, but still walking on frozen water that is probably 20 feet deep or so is a bit scary. We had tons of fun though skating around and pulling Ashtyn and Eli on the sled. Matt would whip them around and they would giggle!
I think Eli looks like a little penguin in this picture...
What a great weekend we had being a family of four. It was a great way to start 2012 and we made some good memories. Can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for us, but I hope it's filled with weekends just like this. Happy New Year!

No comments:
Post a Comment