I forgot how much I LOVE to ski.
On Saturday I made it back to the hills to do my most favorite thing ever in snow - SKIING!
I haven't been since before I was pregnant with Ashtyn so I guess I was pushing 6 years of no skiing, until Saturday. I was a little worried I would forget how to even get my skis on or worse how to get on and off the chair lift - but I guess I am a natural because I swooped, swooped right down the mountain - no problems.
Of course the whole trip was filled with drama - what event in my life is not these days - so when I was headed up the chair lift with my $70 lift ticket flapping in the wind and $50 of rented ski equipment strapped on, I was a little skeptical if I had made the right choice to spend the day at Copper Mountain with Kevin and my Dad. Every day I spend money is one more day living with the in-laws - you see what I am saying.
But my $120 dollar excursion turned out to be fun, (not sure it waas still worth the money) and I truly fell in love with skiing again. I will say I will not be returning until I have my own equipment and a pass, but still I can't wait to go back!
The mountains finally got some snow this past week so the 7 inches of fresh powder combined with the beautiful weather created a very nice day for enjoying the beautiful mountains...
I will say the fashion of the 80's is clearly making it's way back to the ski slopes. Everyone was wearing fluorescent colors - pink, green and yellow! Colors I have not seen since kindergarten - just look at my brother, even he is sporting the new fashion...
I can proudly say I will not be sporting the fluorescent colors anytime soon - I tend to be very trendy, but that is just one trend I don't think needs to be repeated!
It was a great day skiing with Kevin and my Dad - can't wait to go back...


No comments:
Post a Comment