Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Stock Show

On Wednesday, last week, Matt took the day off and we headed down to the Stock Show with the Ohlheiser's!  I have lived in Colorado my entire life and have never been to the Stock show - crazy I know, being a cowgirl at heart...!
Since Ashtyn is absolutely in love with horses, bull riding and everything else there is to do with this culture we thought a day at the Stock Show would light up her world...and it did!
We started at the Coliseum where they were having some sort of competition - I have no idea what it was called, but it involved calves and horses, so Ashtyn and Adam were completely entertained.
Adam and Eli loved when the tractor would come out to clean up the arena...





 Ashtyn LOVED watching the girls on the horses and I think so bad, wishes she could do that...maybe one day!  Although, Matt and I don't know the slightest thing about horses, so this obsession of her's is quite new and we really have no way of showing her how to do much.  I guess she wil be teaching us!
Luckly, I have a contractor who owns some horses and has offered us invitation to visit the farm and ride them, so when it warms up and drys out we are headed out to the farm!
 Before leaving the Coliseum the kids played on the tractors - I think Eli liked this the best...




 The Stock Show had a complete Kid's Exhibit, so we hung out there most the day at the Petting Zoo, riding ponies, looking at chickens, learning about farming, playing games, eating dip-n-dots and $7 hot dogs and playing on the playgrounds they had....quite a busy and exhausting day!











 Adam looks like a natural and even shouted out "Yee-ha" while rocking back and forth - I think Jason was quite proud of his boy!
Before leaving we toured the basement where all the cows are prepped for their showing.  It was like a spa down there for a cow - very smelly, but I don't think the cows minded one bit as they were being washed, blow dried, fluffed and fed!
We are still trying to get the smell out of our clothes, but I definitely enjoyed our day at the Stock Show.  Next year I would love to go to the rodeo and actually see some action, but it was fun to get our feet wet this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment