Monday, September 24, 2012

Busy Weekend...

While Matt spent the weekend away in Moab with Jason, the kids and I were VERY busy...
 We made popcorn and watched a movie every night before bed...
 Elf was the movie of choice!
 While Ashtyn was at school Friday, I took Eli to get a hair cut...HANDSOME boy!
 Then after picking Ashtyn up from school we headed to the Zoo with Nana!  We love going to the Zoo in the Fall - its the best time of year to go - I think anyways! 
 My mom and I got a kick out of the geese that would try to chase Eli...
He would get pretty close to them and then when they would turn and run toward him he would scream and run toward me saying "Noooo, Mama I scared....", but then of course get down and do it all over again!  It was so funny to watch...
 He looked so grown up on this trip to the Zoo...
 We've never paid much attention to the camels before, but on this day they caught our eye..
 Do you see anything WRONG with this camel?
Well I do - his humps have completely fallen over, looking very weird, and kind of uncomfortable.  We did read their humps store water - so maybe he is dehydrated?
 We didn't catch the Elephant show earlier in the summer, so we made sure to get a front row seat this time.  We were very impressed with the show...
Groucho - the 43 year old elephant weighing 12,000 pounds was the star!  It was so cute how they got him to come over to the show - they whistled for him and he came walking over like a puppy dog!  Then he went swimming - I don't think I have ever seen an elephant swim before, I honestly didn't know they could swim! We did learn that Elephants actually LOVE the water...who knew?
 Ashtyn loved watching Grouch and thought he was so adorable - her exact words!
 Next it was off for our traditional ride on the Carousel!  Eli still is not too sure of riding it by himself, so I joined him and he giggled the whole time...but kept saying "Too fast, whoa..."

Thanks to Nana for another beautiful, fun day at the Zoo!
After getting home from the Zoo we headed over to Ohlheiser's to have a sleep over with Stacey and the boys.  We had dinner and then watched the kids pile a bunch of pillows and blankets at the bottom of the stairs and then JUMPED all night into the big pile!
Lots of fun was had and only a few tears!



 Then on Saturday we headed home and got ready for another wedding - must be wedding season!
My cousin Alaina was getting married up in Red Feather at her dad's ranch.
I was very excited to go especially since all the Aspens were starting to change colors...

 It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL up there with all the Aspens turning bright gold, and of course the wedding was great too!
They got married in a field that backed up to the mountains - so, so pretty, and the weather could not have been better - Fall in Colorado can be so amazing!
I fell in love with the Ranch - if I knew a thing or two about ranching I might move up there and help ol' Dan out a bit...
 The reception was even better then the ceremony - Beer on tap with country music - I was in HEAVEN!  Missed my cowboy though...
 I think Eli was missing Matt by now and needed a man in his life - he was Kevin's buddy all day...
 Of course we spent all day exploring the ranch, running around in the dirt, playing chase in the hay bails and feeding the horses - which you know Ashtyn LOVED!  The horses would get so close and put their heads right next to you begging for some food...

 Eli made himself at home - he even got grease all over his face by the end of the day...

 I could have taken pictures of my kids all day long at that place!
There were so many neat places and vintage tractors and trucks sitting around...
We are definitely going to have to go back for some family ones...good thing I know the owner!

 can you say Dukes of Hazard?
 Aunt Pam manned the bar! 
Apparently the bar tender took a break so Pammie made herself right at home mixing up some martinis for everyone...
 LOVE my Aunt Pam!

After the wedding and all the other things we had done the past couple days we were EXHAUSTED and headed straight home for bed!
We slept in until 9am the next morning - I don't think that has ever happen before.
We definitely missed having Daddy around, and when he's away I realize just how much he does for our babies, but I LOVED getting to spend some one-on-one time with the kids!  We snuggled and giggled and loved on each other and it was so great to just enjoy some quality time with them.
It was a VERY busy weekend, but so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment