Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tailgating

 Even though the CU Buffs absolutely SUCK this year, there is really no better way then to spend a fall afternoon Tailgating!  My Mom invited us to the tailgate party this Saturday before the Buffs played UCLA so we could share in all the fun, FREE festivities they have going on before the game starts.  After enjoying tacos, burritos and of course some Coors Light we headed over to the party where they had jumpy castles, footballs, spinning wheels for prizes, tattoos and FREE Chocolate milk - my kids were in heaven!
 Ashtyn of course got a CU tattoo right away and then headed straight for the jumpy castle!  She jumped and jumped until her little legs were like jello!  Then she went with Nana to play games and ended up winning the cutest little CU bear and also got to go and meet Ralphie...
 Eli LOVED playing with the footballs and actually got really good at throwing them...
 He even threw it and made it into the hole over and over again!
Maybe he will be good at sports...but hopefully not with his paci in his mouth!
 Then the best part was having the band march through and play all the fight songs!
Ashtyn is starting to learn the words and cheers and I could see her mouthing along to the songs - Mimi would be SO proud!
The kids got REALLY bummed when the band marched into the field house and the party was over...I think they were having a good time!
Ashtyn even got more upset when she found out we weren't actually going to the game and especially unhappy with not getting to see Ralphie run!
So I am thinking I will get some tickets to the next home game, so she can finally experience a CU football game - They are practically giving tickets away now after Saturdays game, so hopefully the band and Ralphie will keep us entertained, because I hear the actual game is HARD to watch!
Even if they are horrible, I still will ALWAYS be a Buff fan, and I think my kids are quickly becoming fans too!

No comments:

Post a Comment