Sunday, June 16, 2013

A letter to my Hubby on Father's Day...

To my hubby,

I love you so much. I love what an amazing friend, lover and husband you are to me, but I have fallen more in love with you as I have watched you become the most amazing father to our children. I walk around minute by minute marveling at how I wound up with such an amazing husband and an amazing father to my kids - you are the whole package!
I think you deserve a bit of recognition for all that you do. You are a family man in the true sense of the word and I absolutely love that about you. I feel so lucky to be married to a man who plays such an active a role in our kids’ lives; changing diapers, picking out outfits (although sometimes we agree to disagree on the matching aspect), making bottles, giving baths, combing hair, reading books, playing games, always showering them with lots of hugs and kisses and “I love you’s.” I honestly could go on and on.
You are amazing...
Your humor is a staple in our lives; how quiet our house would be without laughter! They expect tickles with your hugs and whiskers with your kisses. You’re teaching them to smile, to find joy, and to feel happiness…
 
Your relationship with Ashtyn completely defines how dedicated of a father you are. You are so patient and loving with her. You are always telling her how beautiful she is. Our daughter will demand respect and love from whatever man enters her life, because you have shown her what a good man is. Our daughter is already growing up to be a strong independent woman who will not settle for anything less then what you've shown her. You are so good at spending quality time with her, doing whatever it is she comes up with. How many dads make a pig out of an old shoe box and some water bottles to fulfill the need of their artistic daughter? You amaze me with her...
 
Our children are better people because you spend time with them. The fact that you have hugs and kisses for them whenever they want them and sometimes when they don't, makes you a great father. The endless games of horse and "Enchilada", bike rides around Broomfield, camping trips and rides on the 4-wheeler are the best memories you could give them. There are things you can teach them that I can't and I love watching your passions trickle down into them. Our kids feel loved and secure because they have you as a father. You play the heavy when needed, putting our kids in place and ensuring they learn the lessons of respect, discipline and hard work.

 
Eli is a mini you.
He idolizes you and looks up to everything you do. You will forever be a hero in his little head and I would expect nothing less for him to follow in your footsteps in becoming an amazing man and father - you are the BEST example. You are always showing him how to fix things and leading him around the house as you change light bulbs, or batteries or fix the lawn mower. He will probably be your biggest challenge in life, but what a success he will be once we get there! His sweet spirit is completely fired by your constant love, tickles and encouragement he needs in becoming a good man. You never talk down or make him feel not good enough, and I am so thankful for your support in his life. He will always need you to be his positive reinforcement.
 
They watch how you treat me. They watch how you never leave or enter our house without kisses and hugs. You’re teaching them how to be a great partner. You’re teaching them about how important family is - it's a treasure. 
Yup, in short, I think you are pretty awesome.  I know I can drive you crazy and we both know our kids can make us both crazy, but we are doing OK!  So far, so good  Years ago, we fell in love and had each other all to ourselves.  Remember the endless date nights, the late-night movies, going out to dinner, sleeping in late?  It feels like ages ago - right?  It was easy to cuddle and make time for one another when it was just the two of us.  But now, I share you.  No longer are you just "husband", you've also earned the important title of "dad".  I can never say thank you enough for ALL that you do.  Not only how hard you work at your job, but everything else you do for us.  Motherhood would not be the same for me without your tireless help.  I am so blessed to have you as my husband and now the father of my crazy, beautiful children.  Thank you for being the most incrediable, passionate, caring and loving dad to Ashtyn and Eli.
 
We have a long parenthood journey ahead…but I am so grateful I have you as my partner!

Happy Father's Day Babe - I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment