Eli woke up on June 14th and celebrated his third birthday!
It's funny, three years ago at that same time I was in the midst of labor in the worst, most unbearable pain of my life trying to meet that little boy and here we are three years later blowing out candles on frosted chocolate donuts!
Eli climbed right up on the table ready to start celebrating...
Eli loves him some chocolate donuts, so I thought it would be the perfect start to his birthday!
Eli with his chocolate donut and coffee - yummy!
He was actually totally into opening presents this year and so excited to see what he got - FIRST time ever to show interest!
No joke - but as Eli was opening this present and began to see remnants of what it was,
these were his comments..
"Oh, shoot! No way..."
"Yes, I can't believe it!"
"Oh, my gosh - this is crazy"
Followed by clapping his hands and a big smile on his face when he got it all opened up!
It was hilarious!
F250 PowerStroke Truck - just like Daddy's with a four-wheeler in the back...
although Eli was concerned with how dirty the truck was, and continually asked for me to wash the "mud" off! There was no way of making him understand at that moment that's just how the truck came...at least he is particular in having a clean truck!
Next, it was a guitar! Yay!
...and then the grand finale - another truck with a trailer and a boat!
He was EXTREMELY excited to get this present - a dream had come true for that little boy in that exact moment!
He also got a soccer ball and football - trying to get him interested in something other than trucks...we will see!
We spent Friday laying around the house, going for a bike ride and then went to Old Chicago's for dinner, Eli's favorite place to eat. It was a relaxing day celebrating his birthday before the big family party on Saturday!
Hosting a birthday party in our family is no easy task.
It involves 40 some people with 10 of those being kids and a bunch of adults that like to drink! So as much as I wanted to have a huge BBQ, I just couldn't handle it physically, emotionally or financially - so we just had the family over for dessert and of course drinks. We were blessed with awesome weather, so we were able to take full advantage of our backyard and deck!
Eli's cake was a hit with the little boys!
I just ordered a white cake and put a trash truck right on it! Eli couldn't stop looking at it and wanted so bad to play with it before we cut it. Robbie and Ryan also wanted to take the truck right off the cake - I guess it's my own fault really, to tease them with a truck and cake that they couldn't touch!
Besides for the cake I ordered these delicious chips ahoy cupcakes from Kings!
They were very cute and yummy!
I wanted to put a little spin on the whole "dessert" party thing - cupcakes and ice cream get old, so I thought of Root Bear Floats! Then to add a little bit more interest I found some Root Beer flavored Vodka and added a couple shots of those to my frosted mason jars - a party was had for sure!
They are delicious - I highly recommend them!
My sweet nephew Robbie scoping out the cake or maybe the trash truck, or maybe both?
Eli has no problem being the center of attention - especially when candles are involved!
My sweet nephew Robbie now putting his finger into the icing - I think he has a thing for cake!
As does his cousin who licked icing off Nana's fingers from his trash truck!
Can you guess what Eli got for his birthday....?
Trucks, trucks and more trucks!
So blessed with family...
These boys made the party that much better! We miss them...
Happy Birthday Eli!
I hope you enjoyed celebrating your third birthday with your big, loving, loud family! We are so lucky to have that much love surrounding us! Thanks to our family in helping us celebrate this sweet boy's special day! We love you all, even if you all are drunks....just kidding!

No comments:
Post a Comment