Last night for Sunday dinner we invited Nana, Papa and Kevin over to our house to carve pumpkins and eat dinner. Carving pumpkins is a tradition I have known since I was little. My dad would grow these huge pumpkins in his garden, and then Kevin and I would get to carve them with him just before Halloween. Well, we have now introduced that tradition to Ashtyn - she didn't quite enjoy it like I always have. Last year when she was a baby, she dove right in, but this year she was very upset when Papa started cutting the pumpkins with the saw, and then refused to touch all the stuff inside the pumpkin. So needless to say Nana had to hold her the whole time, while Papa, Kevin and I cleaned and carved the pumpkins - we had a great time! After dinner we went outside to light them and see our creativity come to life - which then Ashtyn got scared and would not go near them without Papa holding her! So I am guessing Halloween is not her holiday! She was very upset to see her beautiful balls get cut up! Oh well, maybe she will grow to like the tradition. Even this morning when I loaded her into the car she pointed at her pumpkins and starting getting so upset - DRAMA! I hope we haven't traumatized her too much....Happy Halloween!




No comments:
Post a Comment