
Little late on the monthly update for
Ashtyn, but it's been quite busy...
Ashtyn had a huge growth spurt this past month - all her clothes got a little smaller on her and she grew out of her size 5 shoes right into size 7! She also cut two new teeth on the bottom in the front, which was not a fun thing to experience as she has been crabby, not eating well and not sleeping well - but hopefully we are in the clear for a little bit, until the 2-year molars come her way!
Ashtyn's vocabulary is getting much better and she starting to repeat things a little bit more! Some of her new words are "pas (pacifier)", "milk", "bike", "play", "boots", "shoes", "please", "more", "cheese", "brush teeth", "lights", "bright", "book", "banana", "come on", "broke" and many more I am sure I am forgetting. The cutest thing is she has started to call people she knows by there names, "Em" for Emily, "Gram" for Grandma Trujillo, "Pop" for Papa, "Nan" for Nana and the best of all "Butch" for Grandpa Trujillo! She also says "Take to Butch" when something isn't working correctly! Oh I just love this age...

Ashtyn has been quite busy with all her new toys this past month. She loves to draw on her chalkboard, play with her computer and her doll house, which is her favorite when Matt plays too. Soccer has now caught her interest, which I didn't expect at this age, but she is very good at running and kicking the ball - wonder if we should join soccer this spring? She has started to sing in the car when a "good" song is on, I am thinking she likes country the best! Loves to sing "The Wheels on the Bus" and can do most of the hand movements correctly. I now find her sitting in the rocking chair in her room reading to herself - so cute - lately she's been very interested in letters and constantly asking "This?" to find out which letter it is. She has started to get into the refrigerator and pantry more these days - which is not always a good thing - I randomly find things laying around the house or in her mouth that she probably should not be into - so it looks like I need to start reorganizing those areas! The other day she managed to get into the Starbucks coffee beans and was chewing on them - I can't believe she even liked the taste...
Ashtyn continues to melt me heart everyday and I am just loving this stage of her life right now - I wish I could keep her like this forever, but I know with each new stage more fun and adventure comes. She is such a good little girl and makes life so much fun - Matt and I have really enjoyed taking her to places like Red Feather because she just loves doing different things, especially outdoor activities - hiking, riding the 4-wheeler, sledding - she just goes with the flow! We love to watch her experience life right now...
No comments:
Post a Comment