On Friday last week I had my 28 week check up and everything checked out "ok". The baby seemed to be doing good, moving around like a crazy man, but heart beat was good and all my vitals checked out good. I had the glucose screening, which is oh so much fun, which I actually ended up failing - my blood sugar was a little high - I guess all the Tootsie rolls I had prior to my appointment did not test well, so I had to go in for more testing to make sure I didn't have Gestational Diabetes. So for 4 hours I had to sit at the hospital getting blood drawn every hour, it was long, exhausting, made me sick to my stomach but I made it through and my results came back normal. It was not fun to experience that, but I am thankful it was not more serious. It's making me rethink my diet at the moment that's for sure! Other then that little scare things have been progressing quite normal - Eli moves ALL the time, and sometimes it is very painful, those long legs seem to be always shoved underneath my rib cage. I am definitely starting to enter the uncomfortable stage of sleeping and just feel tired all the time. I am getting to the point of just being ready, but I still have awhile yet to go, so hopefully I can enjoy the last 3 months. Ashtyn has learned how to say "Eli", which just melts my heart every time and loves to feed my stomach, she is constantly putting food on my belly for the baby - I think she is going to make an amazing big sister. The nursery is coming together, all the furniture has arrived and is staged in the room, so now I just have to start the decorating...pretty much my favorite part! The next month is a busy time for our family, so hopefully that will help move this pregnancy along, starting to get anxious to meet this little guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment