Monday, March 29, 2010

Ashtyn's Birthday Present

My daughter absolutely LOVES to be outside! She would choose no other place then to spend her time, and with the weather getting nicer that is where she wants to be ALL THE TIME! Every morning we drive by the park and she just points and says "Park, Play"! Now, I love going to the park, but I can only hang out there for so long, and when it is time to leave my sweet little daughter throws a fit! So for her birthday this year I decided we should invest in a playset for the backyard, this way I can just open the back door and she can play for as long as she desires - until nap time of course. Well, the playset arrived last weekend, but with the weather yucky we had to wait for a nice day and for all the snow to melt - So Sunday it was. The playset showed up in 2 big boxes in about 50 millions pieces with directions saying it takes two people 18 hours to assemble -

Now my plan was to have this swing set put together before Ashtyn's birthday next week - you can imagine my husband's excitement. But, Matt being the great dad that he is spent about 2 hours organizing all the parts and then for the next 4 hours we started the assembly process. Needless, to say we got to step 6 out of 24 in our first 4 hours!

Thankfully, the weather is supposed to be nice this week, so if we can spend a little time every evening we may get it done by next Wednesday for Ashtyn to enjoy on her birthday! I am very excited to see it completed - just wish I had a magic finger to snap and it would be done...

No comments:

Post a Comment