
What has
Ashtyn been up to lately? She is a busy little girl that's for sure, and is always into something. Her favorite games to play lately have been grocery store or having tea parties with all her stuffed animals. She is starting to become a little dare devil lately, which scares me because she will jump on the ottoman and then
suddenly fly on to the couch, and then sometimes she will just fall backward assuming someone is there to catch her! I am sure her dad has influenced some of that behavior - but she
definitely enjoys herself when she is jumping around like a little monkey! She LOVES stickers, which I am constantly finding in my dryer since she tends to stick them all over her clothes or my clothes and I don't realize it! I recently took her to Hobby Lobby where she just went crazy when she saw all the stickers - typical girl, I even go crazy in that store, but needless to say we bought a whole bunch of stickers, which she now just cherishes! She loves to still help me in the kitchen, and now pulls a chair into the kitchen so she can stand on it and says "Watch, Help?" It's so cute - so we typically make box cakes and twice baked potatoes together - she is actually very good at putting the
ingredients in the bowl and then she always says "Stir" - my favorite is when we make twice bake potatoes and I ask her what we are making and she will say "
Tatoes" !

Her independence continues to shine threw everyday - She is starting to have her opinion of what she wants to wear and sometimes will refuse to wear something she doesn't like. Lately, she has been refusing to put clothes on all together and just wants to stay in her pajamas - which I don't blame her - I love my pajamas too, but you can't go to church in your pajamas. So sometimes I pick the fight and make her change into clothes, but for the most part she lives in her pajamas these days.

She continues to master all her colors - which she knows very well, although she still calls brown "black" - oh well, but is really good with all the other ones and I love to hear her say "blue"! And she has now added the number "two" while counting, so she now says "one, two, six..." Lately, I have been taking her to work things where I have to measure walls and such, so now she has to carry around a tape measure, a pen and a pad of paper and take her own measurements - she is my little architect in the making! Her birthday is right around the corner, so we have to start planning her birthday this month and practice blowing out 2 candles so we are prepared for the BIG day - my little baby is almost 2, its so hard to believe!
No comments:
Post a Comment