Tuesday, January 18, 2011

CU Basketball

On Saturday afternoon Ashtyn and I joined Nana, Papa and Mimi at the men's CU basketball game against Oklahoma State - it was fantastic!  I haven't been to a CU basketball game in years - we used to go all the time when I was still at home - so it was nice to return to the ol' stomping ground and watch some, actually, very exciting basketball.  I guess CU has a good team this year - they beat the Cowboys 74-69 in the final seconds, which makes them 3-0 in conference! The place was sold out, which made it even more fun - I haven't seen that kind of support in awhile!  I had no idea the game would be so crazy, so I didn't hesitate bringing Ashtyn, but I think it was a little overwhelming for her! 
She sat and watched the game the whole time, and was so well behaved, but near the end she was tired and ready to go home for sure.  The band kept her occupied - loves the tubas - along with m&m's, pop, popcorn and dippin' dots!  I am thankful I decided to leave Eli at home - can you imagine what that experience would have been like!
Probably the best part of the day though, was being able to spend it with Ashtyn all by myself - with no other distractions, besides the game of course!  I forget what is was like to have only one child - how easy - but how nice it is to focus all your love and attention on just them.  I think Ashtyn enjoyed her time too with her mama!  I just need to get better at making special day trips for her and I to do together before I am shipping her off to college!
Here's Ashtyn enjoying her famous dippin' dots - which Nana waited in a very long line for...
Thank you Nana for the fun day out!  We definitely enjoyed ourselves and it will be exciting to see what the Buff's season turns out like - GO BUFFS!

No comments:

Post a Comment