Monday, January 17, 2011

Seven Months - Crazy!

Eli turned 7 months old last week - that just sounds CRAZY coming out of my mind!  I have to admit, I am constantly wanting him to be older - because he is quite a handful and I am hoping he will get easier as he gets older - but knowing he's more then half way done being a baby make me sad.  We have had yet another busy month - literally there is never a dull moment with this boy...

PERSONALITY:  Oh Eli has quite a personality!  Not even sure how to describe it except for "BOY"!  Yep, he screams, grunts, farts, burbs and screams some more.  He is constantly wanting to be entertained or held and will scream until someone figures out what he is wanting at that very moment.  It still very difficult to find something to entertain this boy - toys, bumbo, excersaucer, walker, swing, bouncer will only keep him occupied for 5 minutes at a time!  The ONLY thing he actually enjoys for a long period of time is BATH TIME!  Loves bath time...he kicks his feet up, splashes plays with toys, and likes to smack his "thing" - he is quite entertained in the bathtub.  So whenever I need 20 minutes of peace I plop him in the tub.  Even though he is quite a handful and very LOUD - he is so loving!  He always smiles for everyone, and loves to give open mouth kisses.  He loves to grab faces of people he knows and rub noses with them.  So he has his precious moments.  I believe he is cutting 2 teeth on the bottom - so he has been extra fussy the past couple weeks, but with a little Tylenol and Brandy he is feeling just fine!  JK!  But we do hope the teeth will make their appearance soon, it is getting exhausting...

TRICKS/HABITS:  Eli can officially SIT!  Yeah, this was a huge milestone, and he loves that he can see more of what's going on now.  He will however fall over if he gets excited or throw his head back to look at something - which then leads to a dramatic crying fit.  The other day Eli fell over from sitting and Ashtyn says "Mom, Eli is freaking out again!" - oh that girl!  He is starting to get into the crawling position from sitting when he sees something he wants, and then after figuring out he cannot move he "freaks" out as Ashtyn would say.  Hopefully we can get him crawling soon - I know it makes it harder on myself, but I think he would be a much happier baby if he could move.  Loves to play with anything but toys - so we usually give him spoons, tupperware, water bottles - stuff like that!  Mostly, just loves to be held and walked around.  His favorite position is perched in Matt's arms.
 
 EATING and SLEEPING:  Praise GOD!  We have finally had a good month of both feeding and sleeping.  I think this is a first since he was born.  Eli's new eating and sleeping schedule goes as follows: 
7am: 4oz formula after waking up
9:30am: Oatmeal mixed with 4oz formula and fruit (pears and bananas are his fav)
10-11:30: Nap time
Noon: Oatmeal mixed with 4oz formula
3pm: 4oz-6oz formula bottle
30-45 min Cat Nap
6pm: Oatmeal mixed with 4oz formula and veggie (mainly sweet potatoes, squash and carrots)
8pm: 4oz formula bottle
8:30: Bed Time

Eli has done so well eating Oatmeal, fruits and veggies!  He definitely already has his favorites and will shiver when we feed him something he doesn't like.  He has a very sensitive reflux, because he will throw up when he doesn't like something, so I am always hesitant on the first spoonful.  He is a VERY messy eater - again all boy!  It usually in his nose, ears and hair by the time he is finished - which means he changes clothes a couple times a day.  We have started giving him Baby Mum Mums when we are eating to keep him entertained.  He's not sure about the taste - he typically will chew on it and then spit it out - but at least it keeps him occupied during our meal.  I got on the scale with him the other day and it looks like he weighs about 16 pounds, so the Oatmeal is starting to fatten him up - he is actually starting to get chubby fingers - so GREAT! Isn't it funny how when you are a baby your parents do everything they can to fatten you up and then you spend the rest of your life trying to lose weight.  Anyways, it looks like he is gaining weight - now I am just hoping teething and sickness doesn't ruin the good thing we have going.

Eli is a handful - no question about that!  But I absolutely adore and LOVE him more then I could ever express.  He brings a whole new dimension to our lives and I am sure we would be quite bored without him.  I am so anxious to see him grow and constantly wonder what he will be like when he is Ashtyn's age - but I have to remember to just enjoy him as he is now, because it is going fast and I am sure I will miss it when it is gone.  I am so thankful for this little boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment