On Saturday I ran in my second 5K at the Oatmeal Festival in Lafayette. I would have to say out of all the races I have ran - being two - this one was my favorite. The energy was so great and the course was very challenging - up hill most the time! Before the race I woke up and thought - 'Why do I pay money to run in a race? I can just walk out the front door and run" But once I got there and after a quick cup of coffee, my mood changed, and I definitely enjoyed myself! I finished with a time of 31 minutes, so I didn't improve my time - actually added seconds - but like I said it was much more challenging then the first course, so I was happy I just finished - alive! The best part was my fan club cheering me on the side of the road - we ran right down Emma in front of my in-laws house, so Matt, Sandy, Butch, Sarah, Emily and the kids came to cheer me on - it was great! They even made me a sign...
I felt so loved! "Hidden Runner" is an inside joke Matt and I have - it's really is not funny to anyone else but me and him - but when I saw the sign I started laughing and about tripped - I am a very gracious runner! The Oatmeal 5K attracts a lot of elite runners since it is a qualifier for the Bolder Boulder - never knew you had to qualify for the Bolder Boulder - so this inspired me! I have now downloaded a training plan for "How to run a 10K" - so hopefully in May I can finish the Bolder Boulder - running. Now if the weather could just cooperate...I have been very spoiled the past couple months...
No comments:
Post a Comment