Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Ashtyn!

On Thursday morning, Matt and I went late into work, so we could spend the morning with Ashtyn on her birthday, instead of rushing her out the door.  She got to watch her favorite cartoons with her milk in bed and then we headed downstairs to open presents.  She got a new bike complete with helmet and a pink, shiny bell.  We are so excited to teach her how to ride, and now she can keep up with the neighbor kids.  Earlier in the week I asked Ashtyn if she would want a bike for her birthday and she responded...
"Oh mom, I think those are just too expensive"
 She also got Moon Dough - the "new" playdough that never dries out! 

 She spent all day at Grandmas of course being spoiled and showered with more gifts.  You will never imagine what she got - BOXES!  Two of them to be exact - just what we needed, more boxes for all her treasures (can you sense the sarcasm in my voice)  For dinner we headed to Old Chicago's and then off to Chuckie Cheese - I refuse to eat food at Chuckie Cheeses - for many reasons!  I even brought my own cake from Dairy Queen...
 Nana, Papa, Uncle Kevers, Grandma, Butch, Auntie Em and Auntie Sarah all joined us to celebrate...









 (here's that "scowl face" I was talking about earlier - welcome number three!)

 So the cake I bought had this bright blue frosting on it which we all enjoyed, but it turned our teeth and lips bright blue as well - we all got quite a kick out of it...







We had a wonderful night celebrating Ashtyn!  Thank you to our wonderful, loving family - Ashtyn is so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment