Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of Preschool

 My baby girl attended her first day of preschool today - can you believe that?  She was so EXCITED when she got up this morning - she wasn't even whiny like usual.  When I went in to wake her up she said...
"Mommy, this day I go to school?" 
and I replied
"YEP!  This is the day you start preschool!"
and she got a big smile on her face and said
"Yes, I have been waiting forever!"
We did her normal routine of watching an episode of Horse Land while enjoying some milk and then we got dressed, packed her "snack" which was goldfish, strawberries and a Capri Sun and loaded up into the car to head to Preschool.  Ashtyn skipped by my side as we were walking in singing...
"I'm going to school today, I'm going to school today..."
When we got there all the kids and parents were lined up to go into their rooms and this is where Ashtyn got a little nervous and shy...so I held her in my arms and we snuggled while we waited to check her in.  While we were in line we noticed there were all girls and one lonely boy - he is a lucky little boy!
Once we got in the room, she immediately got excited again and rushed over to a station and started playing.  No tears, no screaming, no whining - NOTHING!
My eyes filled with tears as I kissed her goodbye, so I feel like I did pretty good at least I wasn't balling - I was just so excited and happy for her.  I called her the minute she got out of school to see how her first day was and she said...
"Good!  And I need a picture for show and tell and I have to wear my running shoes for gym next time - OK mom?"
Ashtyn Faith I am so proud of you!  I wish you weren't growing up so fast, but I am completely enjoying every new adventure and challenge that comes your way.  It should be a fun year...

No comments:

Post a Comment