Monday, September 26, 2011

Big Sister

 Ashtyn Faith, Big Sister - 3 1/2 years old
Ashtyn is your typical first born - very much a leader but nurturing at the same time.  She has a very laid back personality, much like her father, and amazes me with how she responds to people or situations with so much confidence and pose.  She does not like to be the center of attention, and I often find her off in her own world even when there are plenty of other kids to play with.  She is very intelligent, a quick problem solver and always creating projects for herself - we sometimes call her "Tink", short for Tinkerbell.  She loves school, homework and everything else that revolves around learning - could not be more thankful for that! 
She has a strong passion for boxes and treasure - a hobby that keeps her quite busy.  I often wonder where the fascination came from...and with this fascination comes exploring!  She loves to explore and find lost objects - whether its outside or at the shopping mall.  Her favorite store is Good Will - what can I say she loves junk!
She also has an obsession with anything small - small dolls, small animals, small pumpkins, small cars - anything small and will say
 "Isn't this/that so CUTE?"
She is a definite dog lover...
She is not much of a morning person, much like her mother, and has a set routine to be followed or the whole day is practically ruined - at least an hour of watching her favorite cartoons, snuggled on the couch with no lights on and a sippy cup of milk.
She has a definite sweet tooth and LOVES m&m's with the rest of her diet being made up of noodles with butter and sometimes Parmesan cheese. 
She hates shoe shopping and will only wear stretchy pants...
She has such a sweet spirit and is constantly saying things that literally leave us speechless - it's still amazing how much vocabulary a three old absorbs and then repeats.  Although, she can definitely bring the attitude when she wants too...
She is also very stubborn - another trait from her mama!  When she gets mad or in trouble she plays the "Not talking to you" game and hides - never realized how annoying that is until you are on the other side!
She has a memory like an elephant knowing where all her possessions are, and will bring up past events or incidents that even I had forgotten about.  
 I never knew what a blessing a daughter is until having one. 
I believe she is the rock that will always hold our family together and will always be there to motivate and support her little brother.
My favorite thing about Ashtyn is throughout the day she will randomly say..
"Mom, I love you.  I missed you so much!"
Ashtyn, you are a beautiful little girl and I couldn't be more proud than to be your mother.
I love you - my little lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment