Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Preschool THUS Far...

Ashtyn LOVES Preschool!
We have officially been in school a couple weeks now and finally adjusting to the schedule.
Ashtyn, for the most part does very well at drop off - we only had one incident where she threw a fit, but we made it through - and with some talking and a little bribing we have been doing well ever since!
Every Wednesday is "Gym Class" where they go to the gym and do a game or an obstacle course.  When I told Ashtyn on the way to school last Wednesday that is was "Gym Day" she looked at me and said very seriously...
"I don't like gym mom.  It makes me so sweaty!"
Oh, she reminds me so much of myself sometimes...
Every Friday is show and tell, which I think is her favorite.  This past Friday was bring your favorite stuffed animal, and this was very hard for Ashtyn to choose just one because she has a million stuffed animals which are very dear to her heart.  (Can you imagine if it was "Bring your favorite box?") Finally, after hours of going back and forth she decided on Lila.  On the way in to Preschool that morning Ashtyn says to me...
"Lila better behave herself today mom...huh?"
I have asked her if she has met any friends and she told me she hangs out with Chole, so at least she is making friends.  I was happy to hear that...
I think Ashtyn is loving school - it is that perfect challenge for her and she doesn't seem so bored now.
The best is when she gets home and starts her homework - good habits already!

No comments:

Post a Comment