Happy Halloween!
On Monday, I only worked half the day so I could spend Halloween with the kiddos! When I got home from work we had some lunch and then changed into their costumes so we could head to Pearl Street to go trick-or-treating with Nana...
Eli HATED the hood to his monkey costume and would scream when I put it on! So I never did get that cute "Halloween" picture of both my kids - heartbreaking I know!
Oh well, there is always next year...
Tinkerbell riding her bike around...
We spent the afternoon Trick-or-Treating on Pearl Street mall which they specially do for the little kids. The weather was beautiful, so it was a nice afternoon to spend at the mall. I couldn't believe how every store/restaurant participated - BJ's Brewery even gave small samples of beer for adults and homemade cookies for the kids!
They also had craft tables set up, games and other activities throughout the mall for the kids to enjoy. Ashtyn loved it and got TONS of candy!
That is a HUGE bowl of candy...
Again, Eli didn't care for trick-or-treating and just wanted to play at the rock park. So while Nana took Ashtyn up and down the mall, Eli and I played on the rocks...
Whatever makes the Monkey happy!
He loves walking or now running across this bridge - over, and over, and over again!
He finally pooped himself out!
This is my ONLY picture of the two of them in their Halloween costumes - not exactly what I was hoping for, but it will do! It has too...
I needed my Halloween treat, so we rounded out the afternoon at Starbucks!
...and then headed home for dinner and MORE Trick-or-Treating!
This year we went trick-or-treating with the neighbors - Sarah, Todd, Carlin and Louie. I have to say this was the best part of the day. First off we always have fun with them, it was very laid back, the weather could not have been more perfect, and the neighborhood was very "happening".
It felt like the good ol' days of trick-or-treating!
They all enjoyed themselves running or "flying" as Tinkerbell did from one house to the next.
I was impressed with all the decorating of the homes and the treats people were giving out - full candy bars even!
Eli even got into the spirit!
Carlin was Spiderman!
Louie was a Dragon!
Carlin cracked us up when he was at the door. He would not only take candy for himself, but also explain to the person handing out candy he needed some for his big brother Wiley and his little brother Louie - the kid totally made out with Candy! I just wonder if he actually gave his brothers their share?
Oh, Carlin - you will be such a good business man when you grow up!
Eli is always trying to kiss Louie and Louie always pushes him away,
maybe they can just HUG?
After about an hour we headed back home and while the kids dumped out their bags of candy and played, us adults enjoyed some beers and conversation.
I LOVE our neighbors and our neighborhood - we enjoyed our Halloween Evening for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment