Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween FUN!

We have been celebrating Halloween since Last Friday!  It all started with Ashtyn's Preschool Party and then afterwards we headed to Nana's to make our Annual Halloween Cookies to give away to our family and friends.
 This year was little rough - Ashtyn was only interested in the activity for maybe a half hour and then just wanted to play, and Eli was well, ELI!  He has an attention span for one second, so in between decorating a couple dozen cookies and constantly following Eli around or finding something for him do it was an EXHAUSTING, LONG afternoon!  But for the 30 minutes they did enjoy cookie making I was able to capture the moment nicely...



 Ashtyn is very PRECISE when it comes to her decorating.  She would put each sprinkle on one at a time...
 Here is Eli's attempt at decorating...
 Started off pretty good - he actually put a sprinkle on the cookie...
 but after that (I think he got a taste of the icing) it was all over from there, and he starting licking the icing right off the cookie...
 YEP! That's my boy - licking the cookie...
 YUMMY!  Even up the nose...
 I think he was quite proud of his accomplishment to totally lick all the frosting off the cookie and make a complete mess!  The boy seriously drives me crazy sometimes - I don't think he is quite ready for cookie making!  The cookies did turn out very cute and we wrapped them up to give away.  After the afternoon I had, I headed straight to Starbucks for an afternoon snack, while my babies took a nap - Whew!
On Saturday the Halloween Fun continued.  We met The Harms family up in Longmont for a Halloween Parade and lunch.  The weather was fantastic so we enjoyed being outside, in our costumes and having fun with our friends.




 Sweet Payton was a little Ladybug...
 Eli having a snack while watching the parade...
 Miss. Diva Ashtyn!
 After the parade they let the kids trick-or-treat down Main Street - which Ashtyn LOVED!
She knew exactly what to do this year...

 Payton and Eli could have cared less about the trick-or-treating...maybe next year!

 After trick-or-treating we headed to the Pump House for lunch.  It was so nice to sit down and some what "relax" - with three kids it's never easy to eat out, but we still managed to enjoy our meal!
I loved our Halloween outing with our friends and especially the Fall weather!
Then it was off to home for NAPS!
It was an exhausting weekend - but great memories were made!

No comments:

Post a Comment