Sunday, November 27, 2011

Turkey Trot 10K

On Thanksgiving morning I ran in my second Turkey Trot, but this year I ran the 10K and FINISHED!  I was very proud of myself and managed to complete the race in 58 minutes!
Last year after running my first 5K ever I set the goal to train for a 10K hoping I could make that happen exactly a year later.
Well I did.
I love my new hobby of running and loved the challenge of setting a goal and training for it.  I was a little worried I was going to have to bail on the race...
Between getting a head cold with achy bones and my IT Band giving me fits the race was looking slim - My IT Band is down right painful.  That's what bad shoes will do for you, but with great advice from Allie I was able to drug myself up enough so I could finish the race! 
It could have not been a better morning to run a race and the course was great - a bit challenging to say the least, but great.  The weather was even better, my knee did great and I finished.  Just in time to go stuff my face with Thanksgiving food and beer!
I know I look pissed in this picture - but I was really happy and excited...a little thirsty though!

If I can get my IT Band under control I am going to try to train for a half marathon in June - and then I will have achieved all my running goals.
But for now I am very happy with my 10K accomplishment - GO ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment