...decorating the Christmas Tree!
Ashtyn took it upon herself to decorate the Christmas Tree all by herself this year and she actually did a fantastic job. She totally "gets" Christmas this year and it is so fun and exciting to watch it through the eyes of a child's - I forgot how exciting Christmas can be!
She unwrapped all of the ornaments and would ask about each one...
'Who's is this" and "Who gave it to me"
She was so interested in the history of each ornament!
Eli helped a little - but when he started throwing ornaments he was banned from the area!
Tah-Dah!
(NOTE: I didn't move any of the ornaments - well maybe just a few, but the majority are where she hung them)
...and Christmas Crafts!
On Wednesdays I decided Ashtyn and I would start doing a craft while Eli took a nap.
We made snowman out of marshmallows and pretzels!
Tons of marshmallows were consumed during the project...
Ashtyn made a Princess Snowman complete with a Tiara!
Eli didn't nap well, and instead jumped on the couch - so TYPICAL!
...and Christmas Cookies!
On Sunday we all gathered at Aunt Pam's to make the million Christmas Cookies we do every year.
The spread usually included Pitzels, Sugar Cookies, Thumb Prints, Kiflings and then several others I don't even know the names for! It's a bit crazy and VERY overwhelming in my eyes, but Mimi and my aunts make it look so easy! Ashtyn helped with the sugar cookies...
About all Eli was interested in was how the blender worked...
This year was a little hard for me to enjoy - Eli is a handful and lets just say cookie making is not his thing! I remember when Ashtyn was 18 months old she was making cookies and enjoying it, but not my son - NO! SO next year I will leave him at home with Daddy so I can enjoy in the tradition along with Ashtyn!
Here are the cookie sheets prepped for the oven - and this was only the Sugar Cookies...
Oh Christmas - how we love you!
We are only a week and half away!
No comments:
Post a Comment