Friday mornings are something I look forward to every week. The rest of the week always feels so jamb packed with stuff to do and running around crazy, that when Friday morning rolls around - I feel a sense of relief. I also love that this is my alone time with Eli - just him and I. We drop Ashtyn off at preschool and then we spend the next three hours - just us! I love this time with him - We typically head home and spend the morning snuggling, drinking coffee (Eli drinks some too), watching Curious George, catching a live viewing of the "Trash Truck" and then spending the rest of our time playing trash trucks...I love those three hours with him! Some Friday mornings we have play dates with Shannon and Payton. Shannon found this awesome indoor playground at the Broomfield Rec Center, so we went to go check it out...
The place is AWESOME! The kids can climb, slide, jump, roll and run all over and you don't have to worry about them getting hurt - except if your child is the one that tries to climb up the slide while others are sliding down...wonder whose child that may be?
It did take Eli awhile to warm up - you can tell he is used to having his older sister there to boss him around or showing him what to do - but once he got familiar with the joint he had lots of fun!
Payton of course knew exactly what to do, but she did wind up getting stuck in the "hippo's mouth" so Shannon, my 9 month pregnant friend, had to climb up there and get her out - I am not going to lie I chuckled a bit and then of course took a picture...
Our little monkeys -
Eli looks so tiny compared to Payton in this picture...
Eli looks so tiny compared to Payton in this picture...
Can't believe they will be turning 2 soon!
We loved our play date, but can't wait for summer ones at Waneka Lake!
This past Friday we went to Kings to do some shopping for our camping trip. I try not to shop with the kids anymore, because it takes twice as long, they always fight with each other, and I HATE pushing those "Car" carts around (I have no sense of depth perception, not so great with those carts), but I only had Eli, so I decided I could handle it...
The shopping trip went well, but I had to document the way Eli rides in his "Car"...
He ALWAYS hangs out the side and drags his fingers along the floor, drawing himself tons of attention - mostly smiles and laughs, but I did get the dirty look from the mom who I am sure was thinking...
"OMG! Why is he not buckled in and who lets their kid hang out the side like that and drag his fingers on the dirty floor...!"
Well I do lady - it works for us!
LOVE my Friday mornings with this sweet boy - they are soon coming to an end , so I am going to soak up every last minute I can!








No comments:
Post a Comment