So Ashtyn's 4th birthday party was totally inspired by my new found love for Pinterest! Pinterest has this ability to make you think you are way more creative and crafty then you really are, and it totally proved to be true as I set out to host Ashtyn's 4th birthday. I had originally wanted a low key, kid only birthday party at Jumpy Jordy's where I would have no set up, no clean up - nothing! Well that quickly got shot down when my mom came up with the idea for an "Easter" themed party complete with egg dying (Ashtyn's favorite) and egg hunting!
Well once I heard that idea I was SOLD and hit up Pinterest quickly looking for party ideas!
I quickly came up with a Shabby Chic Easter themed party - where burlap and bright blue became my standbys! - I now love BURLAP!
I am quite proud of how the party turned out - but it was very overwhelming and frustrating at times (tissue pom poms), but in the end all worth it!
I present
Ashtyn's Shabby Chic Easter "Happy Birthday" Party...
Ashtyn's Shabby Chic Easter "Happy Birthday" Party...
The main table was decorated for the egg dying event complete with their birthday treat pails filled with bubbles, play dough and gold fish!
I found clear egg cartons so the kids could take their dyed eggs home with them...
I boiled 90 eggs and managed to only crack about 30% of them...
We had cupcakes and sugar cookies for dessert, and of course some chocolate milk!
All the kids were attracted to the pond - like a tractor beam! Little Wes kept throwing Easter eggs into the water - I am sure my father was quite amused, but just sat their contently!
I think we hosted the BIGGEST Easter egg hunt ever! Emily, Sarah, my dad and I hid 350 eggs all over the back yard - it looked so pretty and festive when we were done!
Dying eggs was fun, but a little chaotic! The boys didn't last long, but the girls, especially the birthday girl enjoyed every minute of it!
The Pinata was probably the funniest thing I have ever seen and little bit scary! Who gives 4 year olds a metal bat? Well, we do apparently...
The boys seemed to enjoy this activity alot more...
Eli enjoyed EVERY minute of the Pinata - I think that was his favorite part...
and he scored a sucker out of the deal!
We sang "Happy Birthday" and opened presents, and a few short hours later my two months of party planning were OVER!
I was pleasantly surprised how well her classmates knew her - they bought her horse stuff, Barbie Mermaids, Princess stuff and a Happy Napper - she was thrilled!
Adam fell in LOVE with my brother!
Happy Birthday Ashtyn!
I hope you enjoyed every minute of your birthday, celebrating with your friends! You are so lucky to be surrounded by so many people that love and care for you!
Thanks to everyone that came and made her 4th birthday so WONDERFUL!
...and of course a special thanks to Pinterest for making me THINK I could host a beautiful, creative birthday party complete with EASY, homemade tissue pom poms!

No comments:
Post a Comment