I celebrated my 31st birthday on Friday the 13th this year, and nothing too CRAZY happened - well on Friday anyways...
The day started out normal, taking Ashtyn to school, doing laundry and hanging out at home. Matt came home from work early so Ashtyn and I went and got pedicures together. I LOVE that she getting old enough to do fun girl outings with me. It was so fun getting to spend that time with her!
She picked out her own nail polish - it had sparkles - and did so well getting both her nails and toes done up!
After getting pampered we walked over to Menchies and Starbucks for our afternoon snacks. Matt and Eli joined us as well - so we sat around and enjoyed the rest of afternoon on the patio...
My Aunt Pam invited us over that night for dinner to celebrate my birthday, since my P's were out of town. Allie and I actually rode our bikes up there and it was so much FUN! I forgot how great it is to ride a bike - not to great for my butt, but a great way to NOT feel like I am turning 31, which just sounds so old to me!
We of course were greeted with cocktails, yummy appetizers and big kisses when we got there. I love Pam and Steve more then anything and they always are so sweet to me and my family!
We grilled up some hamburgers and then finished the evening off sitting around the bonfire, sipping on some Irish Creme Coffees and of course roasting some Peeps...
We did discover Peeps do not roast very well and they drip something gross while being roasted, but it still was fun!
All in all, my actual birthday was GREAT!
Then Saturday came...
My birthday present from Matt was a night up in Breckenridge with our friends, Jason and Stacey, which I was SO excited for!
A night away to PARTY! and party we did...
We left around noon and headed up to the Outlets to do some shopping, and then after shopping we headed to the condo for a night of fun.
We of course started popping tops right away and then I had the great idea of going to the hot tubs before having dinner...
Another great idea I had was to drink whiskey instead of beer that night - (I guess technically it was still the afternoon) Allie has been telling me how great whiskey is to drink since you can sip on it all night and it doesn't fill you up like beer does, plus it has half the calories. So I was sold on drinking whiskey, plus it made me feel like a country girl!
So I poured myself a glass of Jameson on the rocks and we headed to the hot tubs...
Let's just say high altitude, no food, hot tubs and a glass of Jameson that went down rather quickly kicked my a#&!
By 7pm I had thrown up - in the pool, and was passed out on the couch!
I missed my birthday party. I missed dinner. I missed playing cards. I missed my own dang birthday party. And the worse thing is I threw up in a pool - who does that?
So my night away that I had looked forward to for so long was over, and the only positive thing out of the whole adventure was I got like 15 hours of sleep!
The next morning SUCKED as you can imagine and driving down a mountain was pretty much the last thing I wanted to do not to mention the three birthday parties we needed to attend that afternoon...
It definitely was not the night away I was wanting to have and I am still pretty bummed I missed out on what should have been a great time - but at least I have a story to always remember my 31st birthday - right?
SO Here's to you Mr. Jameson - you totally rocked my 31st birthday!






No comments:
Post a Comment