Last week we headed to Scottsdale, Arizona with the Ohlheisers for a week of R&R! And that's just what happened, and of course we partied like Rock Stars!
We spent our mornings laying around the condo, headed to the pool to relax in the afternoon, took afternoon naps, enjoyed dinner with no interruptions, watched movies and slept soundly at night!
It was AMAZING!
When you are parents with busy lives and small kids you forget what a luxury it was to have no responsibilities besides for yourself! We definitely lived it up while we were out there...
We had ALOT of drinks and ALOT of laughs and created a bunch of memories I will never forget!
Scottsdale is absolutely gorgeous and I can see why so many people choose to retire there - I might even consider it - Jason's already talking about buying a home there!
We didn't get out and explore much, but what I did see was pretty nice - we basically just went to Starbucks every afternoon for a snack and then back to the condo. We were so LAZY!
That's why it was so AMAZING!
It of course was very HOT there in AZ and just sitting on the pool deck was a bit unbearable - so we got some tubes to float around in the pool...
The birds were a little crazy there on the pool deck. One day they managed to peck their way into our chip bag and kept helping themselves to a snack...
This is pretty much what I did all week - sat in a tube, in the pool with a drink in my hand!
I miss it.
Stacey sporting her tube named Gina...
We did get a little carzy one night and went bowling! I know we are complete dorks, but the simple pleasures of life without kids is what we were wanting to do. We had a ton of fun and maybe a little bit too much beer...
Stacey and Matt played Twister one night - One of those moments I will forever laugh about!
Matt passed out after the crazy Twister game!
It was so funny because Matt woke up the next morning and kept complaining of how sore he was! That Twister game really worked his body OUT!
We had so much FUN with the Ohlheisers and would go back in a second!
Our week flew by, but I it was such the perfect break we all needed from our crazy lives.
I am not going to lie - it was so hard to get back into the swing of things and wake up at 6:30am with the kiddos after sleeping in till nine every morning!
Getting away with friends and spending quality time with my husband was SO great and I so look forward to the next vacation!
Thanks Ohlheisers for the wonderful vacation and to my husband for being so FUNNY and the life of the party! I fell in love with you all over again this past week!
No comments:
Post a Comment