Friday, May 11, 2012

Tea Party

Ashtyn's preschool class hosted a "Tea Party" for Mother's Day!  It was the sweetest little get together I have ever been to.  Ms. Lynne and Ms. Heather totally out did themselves, making all kinds of homemade treats, sandwiches, popcorn, lemonade and tea.  The food was delicious and it was so fun and special to spend that time with Ashtyn and her classmates.

 Chloe and her mama, Julie!

 Kate and her mommy!
 Anna with her mommy!
 Kay-Kay with her mommy!
 Chloe and Ashtyn - they seriously have the sweetest friendship!  They play so well with each other and I love how they look out for each other.  I hope they get to stay friends for a long time...
 At the end of the "Tea Party" they all sang some songs for us mommies!  I am not going to lie, my eyes totally filled up with tears - there is just something about four years olds singing that gets me all emotional.
I felt so honored at the "Tea Party" and also to be Ashtyn's mommy!  They made us feel so special and loved.  We also got a book from the teachers filled with pictures they had taken of the kids throughout the year, more art projects, and their monthly evaluations.  Again, my eyes filled up with tears as I flipped through the several pages of art work and pictures.
It's been an amazing year to see how much Ashtyn has grown up and matured as a little lady and also how much she has learned.  Her first year of preschool has been wonderful and we are sad to see it end!  We have met some great friends along the way and we will have to make sure we set up plenty of play dates this summer, so we don't lose touch. 
Thanks again to Ms. Lynne and Ms. Heather for making her first year of preschool a success and we will see them again next year when Ashtyn starts Kinder Prep!
But for now it's off to the swimming pool...

No comments:

Post a Comment