Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dream Come True

On Sunday, Ashtyn's dream of riding on a real horse came true!  I am fortunate enough to work with a great contractor, Bob who owns some horses and offered long ago to let Ashtyn come visit and ride them.  So as soon as the weather got nice, we planned a day and Ashtyn finally had her chance to "saddle up"!  The best thing of this whole deal was how PERFECT it was...
Ashtyn has always LOVED the name Maddie, and typically names things "Maddie" and she has always wanted to have a white horse...
So when we pulled up to the farm and met "Maddie" the white horse, Ashtyn's eyes lit up and sparkled!
 I have to say we learned a ton on our first day at the farm with the horses.  Ashtyn got to brush Maddie before getting the saddle put on...
 Eli got to know Goblin while we were there and kept saying "Hi, puppy, HI!"
 After getting Maddie all brushed, Kayla showed Ashtyn how to put the saddle on and get the bridal situated...and then it was time to get on and RIDE!  With no hesitation Ashtyn jumped right up there with a little help from her mama!

 She looks like a natural up there doesn't she...

 Kayla, Bob's daughter, showed Ashtyn how to guide Maddie around the arena and how to get her to stop and go.  For the 1st day, Ashtyn learned a TON!
 ...and she had the BIGGEST smile EVER!

Our day spent visiting the farm and meeting Maddie was truly a dream come true for Ashtyn!  I am afraid she has fallen in love with the idea of riding horses - which I assumed would happen, so she will start horse lessons this summer with Kayla.  I can't believe at age four she is already riding horses!  We will see how this summer goes, but I see a future getting to know the way of horses!
Yee-Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment