Seriously... the Fourth of July has already come and gone?
Well, my family clearly enjoyed the holiday this year - it was an impeccable Fourth of July!
Originally, we were supposed to leave for Pagosa on Tuesday, but decided to leave early morning Wednesday on the fourth, so I could work all day Tuesday. I was a little bummed to leave later then planned, but it actually tuned out better. With the state wide fire ban, the fireworks were for sure cancelled in Pagosa Springs, but not in Vista Ridge! So we didn't miss out on what makes Fourth of July so great - Fireworks! We headed over to the The Ohlheiser's to have some dessert and then watch the amazing display of Fireworks! I can't even describe how great they were, and with the up front seats we had, we could feel and see every boom!
Since Vista Ridge was one of the only remaining places to host a Fireworks Show it was CRAZY busy with people, so when Jason got out his lounge chairs to take to watch the show, Matt and I gave him all kind of crap - like he was really going to find a spot big enough for his chairs...
Well of course, since he lives there and knew a great spot to go to - he had plenty of room to set up his lounge chairs. So next year I will bring mine along as well - maybe make him carry them though!
It was such a great evening watching fireworks, and I am so happy we didn't miss out. It definitely wouldn't have felt like we celebrated the Fourth of July without fireworks!
We hurried home after the show to get in as much sleep as possible before the 6am alarm clock went off to start our road trip to Pagosa Springs!

No comments:
Post a Comment