Monday, July 16, 2012

God's Country...Fishing

 After getting cleaned up from the lake and eating dinner we loaded up the fishing boat to take full advantage of the beautiful evening!  Ashtyn has been asking to go fishing for months now, and we told her Uncle Josh would be the best person to take her.  So Uncle Josh kept his promise and took us all out to the lake for some fishin'...
Again, it was quite humorous!  There were a total of seven of us in a small little fishing boat which technically holds only four,. But we squeezed in looking like a circus I am sure, and once we were seated we were instructed not to move or Yes, we would probably tip over! 
I can only imagine what other fishermen thought of us, but we owned it and again made a memory to always remember!

 Emily was a total Rock Star when it came to fishing!  She tied on her own hooks, wrapped the worm around the hook and casted it perfectly into the water - Didn't catch a fish though!
Maybe next time Em!

 I learned on this fishing trip - Matt knows nothing about fishing - absolutely nothing!  But he can rock a tiara pretty good!  Josh had to tie the hooks, the bobbers and put the worm on the hook for Ashtyn and Matt!  Matt did cast the line though...

 Josh and Brooklyn were the first to catch a fish and it didn't take long!  Brooklyn did so well - she's a natural like her daddy!
 Not soon after Brooklyn got a fish, so did Ashtyn!
I was so thankful she got one - how sad and disappointing would have been not to get a fish your first time out...
She did really well reeling the fish in, but didn't want to touch the fish, and wasn't really impressed by the whole excitement of actually catching a fish either...
Maybe fishing is just not her thing...
 After we caught our fish, both my kids started whining and saying "I want to go home now..."
I felt so bad, since Josh had worked so hard getting us all out there, and they were already done after ten minutes.  So we decided to ignore their cries and enjoyed the time on the lake until the sun set...

 Brooklyn kept catching fish like crazy - I think she got five or six!  It does help when your daddy knows what he's doing!  She was a brave little girl wanting to both touch and "kiss" the fish!
 Eli did what he does best and screamed - I am sure scaring the fish away!  We probably could have caught more...I am not sure he is quite ready to be a fisherman!

Thanks to Uncle Josh for making our first fishing trip so fun and memorable!  I can't say I love fishing, but I can always go to hangout and drink a couple beers - I enjoyed that part!
We got to see a beautiful sun set on the lake and then headed back to camp!
We put the kids to bed and us adults played some cards!
Day two of Pagosa Springs - amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment