We woke up to a rainy day on our last day in Pagosa Springs.
Again I welcomed the rain and the cooler temperatures had been such a nice relief, but our plan of going tubing and enjoying the hot springs was not going to happen...again!
We hung around camp and finally the rain slowly eased up, but the air was still a bit chilly for tubing. So we decided to head to Wolf Creek and take the kids on a hike to see Treasure Falls!
We have never been hiking with the kids before and I wanted to try the backpack we had gotten for Eli...
Well he screamed and flighted us the entire time we were getting him strapped down! It was obnoxious! I ended up carrying him up the mountain in a sling instead...the backpack is now in the Goodwill pile!
Ashtyn had so much fun on the hike and exploring - she looked for treasures along the way like Tinkerbell does!
We made it!
We made it to the top with four kids to see the waterfall! Yeah for us! It was so beautiful up there and the waterfall was awesome! There was a little pond at the top and Emily actually got in it to swim - it was way to cold for the rest of us!
The hike was a perfect way to spend the rainy morning!
After we got back down the mountain, we headed back to camp for lunch and then we thought we would spend the rest of the afternoon at the Hot Springs. I was still bummed about not getting to tube the river, but the Hot Springs totally made up for it...
It of course sprinkled on us the whole time, but that's OK when you are sitting in a hot tub overlooking a river! The Hot Springs were so fun and so nice - way better then Glennwood - I think anyways! I would have loved to have spent a whole day there enjoying the resort, but I guess we will just have to come back one day! We loved every minute swimming around enjoying the springs, but I think Eli had the most fun and didn't want to leave...
The kids were totally wiped out after swimming and dinner! So us adults took advantage of our teenage sisters and left them to babysit while we hit the town for a night out. Needless to say - Pagosa doesn't really have a "Night Life"...
We went to a bar, but when we walked in the music stopped and everyone looked at us! We clearly were not welcomed there. So we hit up a Mexican restaurant for some dessert and drinks before they closed at 10pm! Pagosa closes very early...FYI!
The next morning, the day we were headed back home, the sun was of course shining and the weather could not have been more beautiful. Still wanting to tube the river - I just wasn't giving up - Emily and I some how convinced Matt to let us go and then we would leave later that afternoon!
So while Josh and Matt watched the kids, Emily and I took Kodi tubing down the river...
It was so much fun! And so worth the late arrival into home...
I would have loved to tube the river over and over again, but we had to go! But I will be back and with a cooler of beer for next time!
We found a cute little restaurant for lunch and got a quick bite to eat before loading into the truck for our long trip home...
We had so much in Pagosa with Josh, Kodi and the girls. I love taking trips like these and exploring new places of Colorado and its even better when you get to spend it with family. I love that we made the memories we did and getting to see the cousins spend so much time together - I hope they remember and appreciate these trips one day!
I look forward to many more trips just like this...and hopefully we can have the whole family make it back there sometime! Because getting to explore "God's Country" with family is absolutely the best thing in the world!
We pulled into the driveway a little after 9pm and were dead tired from our trip to Pagosa Springs aka "God's Country" - Can't wait to go back!
No comments:
Post a Comment