Monday, January 14, 2013

Paci GONE!

We all know how much I love the paci! 
Not really...
Its my own fault really for giving it to them, but when you are overly tired and just want them to stop crying when they are newborns it works - right? 
But by the time they turn two you just want to pull your hair out dealing with the paci...
Where's the paci?  Do you have a paci?  Eli take your paci out to talk!  Eli, don't throw your paci!
Where's the #$%& paci!
I was so dreading breaking Eli of the paci and kept pushing it to the bottom of my to do list.
With Ashtyn, it was so easy because when the doctor told her she was a big girl and they don't use pacifiers, she never thought twice and dropped it, but Eli - Eli could care less what the doctor or anybody else thought for that matter. 
The paci is his best friend...until we moved!
Matt and I decided moving was the perfect time to break him of the paci.  Basically we would just say we left it at Grandmas...and hopefully he would get over it.  Up until that point he actually would get through most days not even using it...
So we tried it and it worked! 
 We have been Paci free since we moved in!  Oh, what a great feeling it is!  I could careless where a paci is and hopefully I will never have to again!
Eli still asks all the time for it and we just respond by saying
"Oh, we left it at Grandmas"
and he will say back
"We get it later..." and then he moves on with his day!
With no more pacis in our life we have a sense of peace - now if we could just get the boy potty trained I could get rid of the diaper bag!
That is our goal this coming year - 2013 potty trained!
Bye Bye Paci - I will not miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment