This week I registered Ashtyn for Kindergarten.
I really can't believe I just typed that...
It's just CRAZY to think that next year I will be that parent - a parent of a kindergartner!
Oh, how life will change - but we are ALL very excited for it! Especially Ashtyn!
We live just around the corner from her new school, Birch Elementary, so we took advantage of the nice weather and walked to the school to drop off her paperwork...
What is probably a ten minute walk, took us an hour...
Ashtyn and Eli had to explore, take breaks, pick up rocks, find short cuts, and of course no trip is complete without a couple wipe outs, tears and scrapes on the knees!
But we made it...
While we were dropping off her paperwork, the principal actually came out to greet us and gave Ashtyn a welcome hug - I was very impressed!
Not knowing much about the school or anyone around this area, it was very comforting having the Principal welcome us with such open arms.
I am hoping Ashtyn's kindergarten year goes well and we can settle into the many years following at Birch Elementary and becoming a faithful Bulldog!
The best part is how close the school is!
With driving Ashtyn to Lafayette still for preschool, I will gladly welcome the quick trip to school next year with no traffic!
Still can't believe my baby girl starts school next year, but how exciting it is!
No comments:
Post a Comment