Easter Sunday was a busy one this year...like every holiday seems to be!
I actually had to wake the kids up to hunt for the Easter Bunny's eggs...but once they were up and Eli had his cup of coffee they got into the Easter spirit! Well, at least Ashtyn did...
The Easter Bunny left them each a big egg with a cute note inside and some candy wishing them a "Happy Easter" and informing them the eggs were hidden outside!
Ashtyn loved her "BIG" pink egg and rushed to put her pants and shoes on so she could go hunt for eggs...
She wasted no time filling her basket up with eggs - I don't think Eli was even out of the house yet before Ashtyn's basket was full...
Eli was slow to get moving and really was not interested...he's not much of a morning person when you have to wake him up - so we'll just say he was a crabby bunny all day long...
When he did find an egg he of course would want to eat the candy inside - so I let him the first couple of times hoping he would get into a better mood, but no that did not work at all...
The Easter Bunny hid a very special egg this year for both Ashtyn and Eli!
When Ashtyn found it she screamed with joy, ran over to me and then hugged it like it was the best thing she'd ever found! A bit dramatic, but I was happy to see how impressed she was with the Easter Bunny this year...
She cracked open the big egg, in her favorite color of purple to find a Hello Kitty diary, a barbie mermaid doll and some princess nail polish! After opening it she said...
'This is the best Easter EVER!"
Since Eli didn't really get into the whole "hunting" thing, Ashtyn began searching for his special egg and found it for him!
Eli didn't scream in excitement he just said...
"Whoa! That's a big, big egg"...and then kicked it to open it!
Crabby Bunny he was...
Eli got Thomas The Train sets to build off of his others ones...again he was not all that impressed!
But after another cup of coffee for the crabby bunny, he started to play with his new presents...
After laying around and playing with their new toys, we headed over to Mimi's for our traditional Easter Egg hunt and breakfast. Easter was definitely a little different this year - Matt had to work, my parents were on a cruise and Allie didn't come home, so it was kind of lonely for me - yes, I did have a little pity party for myself! I know I still had tons of family around, but it still was not the same...I only had one glass of champagne!
Ashtyn was a rock star at finding eggs and required no help from anyone this year...Although she did hit up Auntie Pam for some hints and tips of where some eggs were hidden!
Eli was a pain in the butt all day long!
Again, he didn't want to participate and just threw a fit in the grass...
I should have never woke him up - apparently he needed his sleep this morning!
Uncle Steve enjoying his glass of champagne!
Uncle Kevin was the only one to get Eli out of his little funk for awhile...
Eli just needed a man in his life apparently!
Once Eli found some dirt his mood got a little better...I wasn't excited about him getting all dirty, but not listening to him whine was way better then some dirty hands!
Ashtyn was so cute...once she got done hunting she went inside to "tally" up her eggs in her new diary!
Eli and his Uncle Kevin...
There was an actual Bunny that was running through the yard during the egg hunt and all the kids started chasing it - Eli thought this was pretty cool and had to go tell Mimi all about it...It was so cute to see how dramatic he was and the hand movements he used to tell the story...
Mr. Crabby Bunny - he's still cute though!
After Mimi's we headed home to play at our house and have some lunch!
Before heading back out for Easter dinner at Steve and Pam's we stopped at Starbucks to have a snack and enjoy the VERY nice weather...
Steve and Pam hosted another egg hunt for the kids before serving the best dinner ever!
After dinner I finally got to relax with Matt, have a beer and watch Uncle Steve play soccer with Eli...pretty cute!
I definitely missed having my parents and Matt around this Easter, but it was still a good day and I know Ashtyn enjoyed herself - Eli not so much!
The holidays are much different when you are a parent - sometimes they are great and sometimes they are just alot of work andcompletly exhausting!
And the craziness has only begun - April brings the chaos of birthday celebrations and we start with Ashtyn's next weekend! Hopefully, I can find the energy to get through it all!
Happy Easter...maybe I was kind of a crabby bunny too!
No comments:
Post a Comment