Last week Ashtyn was on Spring Break, so Matt took Thursday and Friday off so we could have some family FUN! And fun we did have...
Thursday we headed up to the mountains to play in the snow. We stopped at Old Chicago's for lunch and then headed over to Copper Mountain. They have a really cute park for just kids which includes rides, playgrounds, tunnels and a tubing hill just for them...
We picked a GORGEOUS day to go up to Copper Mountain - Its a good thing I didn't have my ski stuff, because I probably would have ditched Matt and the kids to go ski in that nice snow with the sun shining down!
The kids enjoyed tubing the most...and went up and down the hill a million times with BIG smiles on their faces...
Eli was a little hesitant at first, so I rode down with him a couple times and then he was ready to go by himself - he would giggle the whole way down and then crack up laughing when his tube would bump into Ashtyn's at the bottom - it made Matt and I laugh...
Matt had the chore of pulling the kids up to the top of the hill - he definitely got a work out! They really need to install a pulley system like the big tubing hill has...that would be my suggestion anyways!
The kids had TONS of fun and Ashtyn got very upset when it was time to leave!
I initially wanted to take her on the bunny hill and introduce her to skiing, since every time I would come home for skiing she would ask to go - but I think once she saw how big the mountains were and how many people were coming down she changed her mind. She did however want to ride the ski lift...so maybe next year we will try again! Eli on the other hand wanted to go skiing and if they made boots small enough I would have started him that day!
So maybe next year I will be skiing with my babies - I know for sure with Eli!
We headed home late that afternoon and thankfully didn't hit any traffic!
On Friday we laid around the house as a family - it was so, SO nice! We forgot how nice it was just to be home with all four of us...
After lunch we headed to the Broomfield Rec Center to go swimming!
The kids have kept asking to go ever since we saw the pool and I thought it would be a perfect time to go...well so did the rest of Broomfield!
It was the craziest place EVER, but the pool is really cool and we jumped right into the chaos to have our own fun!
I am very impressed with the Broomfield Rec Center - all the amenities are very, very nice and the swimming pool has so much to do! The slides were absolutely my favorite, and we went up and down them a million times too!
Swimming totally wiped us all out, so we headed home to do our favorite thing ever...
Eat popcorn and watch a movie!
It was a great spring break and I loved having us all home for a couple days!
Even got some home projects finished up and of course started some new ones...
Thanks babe for taking a couple days off to hang out with us...we loved it!
No comments:
Post a Comment