Sunday, April 7, 2013

Letter to Ashtyn: 5 years old

My beautiful Ashtyn,
You are turning FIVE years old today...FIVE fantastic years old!
I'm not sure how that is even possible?
 I still remember the morning you were born and how much joy you brought to me and your daddy's world!  I don't think we had any idea how much one little thing could change our lives and how we could possibly LOVE something so much, like we do you!  Its hard to believe you've been here for five years already, but at the same time its hard to imagine life before you...
 (One years old)
You are quickly growing into a little lady and I can't believe how much you have matured this year...
I always joke with you that I wish you would shrink down to be my little baby girl again, but you quickly rebut with how excited you are to be sixteen and how much more fun you are as you get older!  You absolutely continue to amaze me and your daddy with how smart you are and how quickly you learn.  You speak in full, creative and complex sentences which sometimes leave us speechless and wondering how you ever learned those words...
You love to learn and read and I hope you always have that passion!
 (Two years old)
You have so much confidence - something I am so grateful for.  You are more of a leader then a follower, but still very graceful with others.  Your teachers at school tell us how quickly you are to comfort others and always willing to help another classmate.  You have your dramatic moments as all girls do, but for the most part you are laid back and goofy - just like your daddy!
You have slowly become an amazing Big Sister to Eli, finally loving on him, helping him and playing with him.  He idolizes you even when you are screaming at him!
 (Three years old)
You are so creative - constantly wanting to do crafts.  Whether its creating flowers with paper plates, fish out of old cds or bunnies out of cotton balls - you love art!  I sometimes feel guilty that I don't want too or don't have enough time to do this with you and I promise to get better at that.  You have an amazing imagination - you still carry around your box of "treasures" and somehow arrange the most random array of toys to create a story for you to get lost in.  You are much better at make believe then I ever was!  You prefer stuffed animals over baby dolls and love to play doctor with them!
(Four years old)
You are a lover of horses and all things sweet!
You prefer stretchy pants over jeans.  You are more about comfort then style, which causes great conflict for me!  You prefer pasta over meat and still very picky when it comes to all foods.  You love to spend time with your Grandma and take trips to the Goodwill, you love to go to your Nana's house who spoils you with crafts and sweets, and you love and idolize your Auntie Em.  But I think your Daddy is your favorite - He plays horses, doggy, doctor, and puppy with you, he tickles you until you can't breath, he tells the best bedtime stories and is always making you smile!
He is the best daddy and in turn you light up his world!
Five years ago we were blessed with the most precious baby girl ever on that early morning, snowy April day!  Everyday, you challenge me to be a better mother, and I promise to always try and give you everything I can.  You have shown me life passes VERY quickly, and I don't want to waste one single moment of this time I've been given to share with you.  I still wish I could cuddle up with you as my tiny, baby girl, but you're right - I love watching you grow up, seeing you achieve your huge milestones, and getting to experience with you those things in life that can only happen as you get older!  You have brought me more joy then I ever dreamed possible and I am so, SO proud to be your Mommy.  You will forever be my baby girl...
 
Happy Birthday, my beautiful baby!  With more love then you could possibly imagine...
 
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment