Monday, April 8, 2013

Ashtyn's Kid Party

On Saturday we celebrated Ashtyn's birthday with her friends! 
I am still worn out from last years over-the-top party, so I went WAY simple this year!  We booked a party room at the Broomfield Rec Center and reserved the gymnastics area for her friends to enjoy!
It was absolutely the BEST way to entertain a bunch of five year olds with no stress of decorating, setting up, tissue pom-poms and cleaning a house just so it can then be trashed!
Nope, not this year, I just showed up and the party STARTED!
Of course I had to add my little touch to the party room - it's just what I do...
My favorite were the mason jars and paper straws!
We all know I am in love with anything Mason jarish and these were perfect for the kids to sip pink lemonade from!   But please note...drinking from paper straws is not that fantastic and once they start to disintegrate the taste is not so desirable...but they are still so cute!
 I did make the little paper flag cupcake toppers...


 Ashtyn has seriously the cutest bunch of friends - they all get along so well, all so well behaved and all SO funny!  Matt and I would just laugh and/or shake our heads with the things they would say.  They are just so cute and still so innocent at five!
 Christian and Lucas are in Ashtyn's Preschool class. 
I hear about them all the time...here's how that story goes...
Mom, I love Lucas!  He is just the best man ever...he is just a good man!  He plays puppy with me, chases me, pretty much does anything I want him too...and Christian, well Christian and Sienna (her BFF) are going to get married too and we are all going to live in a big Castle together and play puppy!
I always have the biggest smile on my face after listening to her talk about Lucas, Christian and Sienna and their adventures they have planned together!  Oh, how I remember those days, but my Lucas was a little boy named Ross!
Lucas and Christian are very cute boys (I am not sure I would classify them as men quite yet!) with such sweet spirits and would keep Matt and I on our toes, but make us laugh at the same time!
 Cate is another of Ashtyn's preschool friends and is ALWAYS talking and ALWAYS asking questions!  Again, so cute and funny...

 They all enjoyed popcorn, Cheetos, jelly beans and pink lemonade...

 It's funny how all the boys are one side and the girls are on the other...
 We did simple chocolate cupcakes with purple frosting to sing and wish a Happy Birthday to Ashtyn!

 Adam...
 Kailey...

 Ali munching on some Cheetos...

 Chloe...
 The other birthday hostesses!  ...and Thanks to Auntie Em for helping...
Your purple smiles are so sexy...
 I LOVE this picture - Ashtyn having so much fun with her friends at her party...
 After cupcakes we opened presents...
 ...of course Lucas got her the best present EVER - a La La Loopsy Doll! 
She screamed
"How did you know?"
and he replied...
"My mom read it from her email..."
again, just so funny...and honest!
 After snacks, cupcakes and opening presents we headed to the gym to play in the gymnastics area - which is AWESOME!  Like I have said before - the Broomfield Rec Center is full of amenities and the gymnastics doesn't fall short of begin absolutely amazing!  They have a foam pit, trampolines, a Zip line, climbing ropes and a bounce house!  I was even excited to go play...
 Ashtyn and Sienna - sweet BFF's!
 We had to wait a couple minutes before we could go in, so we made them all sit on this bench and then Matt played that game..."Show me your sad/happy/scary, so on face" - it was very entertaining!
 Sienna, Ashtyn, Adam, Kailey, Cate, Christian and Lucas...
Chloe was in the bathroom!
 The kids had so much fun!  I don't even think I can possibly describe how much fun they all had, but we made sure they got off their sugar high before their parents came to pick them up!










 The boys enjoyed the zip line the most...and spent the whole time swinging into the foam pit!
 Even Eli wanted to try and hang with the big boys...
 He did a really good job of hanging on but would never let go and drop into the foam pit...



Not sure what to think of hanging way up in the air...!

 Emily even jumped in the foam pit...and I am not going to lie, so did I!
Adults weren't supposed too, but it was just so appetising we just had too!
It wasn't as much fun as I thought it was going be - it hurt a little bit when I landed and then trying to get out was a hot mess!  It's amazing how things after the age of thirty may look fun, but really kick your a$% when you attempt to do it!
 Adam lovin' on Matt...
 They had a bounce house/obstacle course set up too...

Ashtyn's fifth birthday with her friends was AWESOME!  It was the perfect way to have a party and I am pretty sure they all had fun and went home exhausted!
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! 
I hope you enjoyed the afternoon celebrating with your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment