So I am couple days late, but Ashtyn is now 19 months old and I need to make an update of all her new words, tricks and discoveries... Ashtyn has learned more words and still perfecting her previous vocabulary. She now says "up", "down", "Done!", "Gun" (we live by a shooting range, so we had to explain to her what the sound was), "papa", "sit", "Dora", "cold", "hot", "this", "that", "one" and "boy"! She still constantly babbles and I can't wait till I can finally understand what her fascinating stories are all about. She still is speaking mainly one words, but occasionally has her brilliant 2-words phrases - "Fix it", "Play me", "Where go"... It is so cute to finally hear her precious words... We finally taught her what to do when she is finished eating - Instead of throwing her dish off the highchair - Now when she is finished eating she says very loudly "DONE!" Ashtyn now climbs the stairs like a big girl - which was a very scary discovery when I saw her do it for the first time, but now she is very good. As she climbs the stairs though she has to say "UP!" every time she lands on a step - very cute! Her Grandma Trujillo has been counting with her - which is so cute because she will hold her fingers all up and slowly folds them down -awkwardly- while saying "one...one...one..." hopefully we will master some more numbers this coming month. She loves to help me in the kitchen whether it is putting dishes away or making dinner or cleaning up the dinner table - GREAT little helper! She also loves to just sit on the kitchen counter - not sure why, maybe because she can see up there, but when I am in the kitchen she has to be on the counter.
Ashtyn discovered my makeup drawer recently without my knowing and was able to put eyeshadow all over her face before I found her - So we have now moved the makeup - I was thinking this would happen maybe at age 5, but not my little one! She also is obsessed with toothpaste and brushing her teeth. Which I am OK with, but the eating toothpaste thing is always a fight!
She loves playtime with Daddy after dinner the best - that's what Dad's are for right! They run, roll around, jump on the ottoman, play chase, piggy-back rides - you name it! - It is a great way to wear her out for bedtime! Watching them play melts my heart every time, especially to hear her little giggle!
Everyday she becomes more independent and changing into a little girl instead of my baby. She keeps me on my toes - that's for sure! We will see what new things are in store for us this month...
No comments:
Post a Comment