Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesdays


Wednesday's are very special days for me. This is the one day a week I get to stay home from work and spend all day with Ashtyn - we call it "Mommy and Ashtyn's Day of Fun!" Every Wednesday we wake up, snuggle in bed and watch Dora the Explorer together. Then we get up and head to the grocery store - usually in our Pajamas! - which is the best time to go because it is so peaceful. Once we get there I get my usual Starbucks and Ashtyn picks out which buggy car she wants to ride in and then we head straight to the bakery to get a strawberry cookie - a great breakfast! After shopping, we of course have to take a ride on the "horse" and then we are headed back home. Once we get home Ashtyn takes her usual morning nap, while I catch up on laundry, emails and everything else there is to do... But then when noon rolls around, Ashtyn wakes up and our "Day of Fun" begins. We either go to the mall, the swimming pool, the library, meet friends for lunch or something fun we can do together and enjoy our precious time. I cherish this time with her so much, because having to work full time I don't get the time I would ultimately desire with her. Every week I look forward to Wednesday, and then I am always sad to see it end when I lay Ashtyn down to bed. Hopefully, our "Day of Fun" will be a tradition we keep for years to come. I love you Ashtyn Faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment