Sunday, August 29, 2010

La Festa!

My mom's side of the family is Italian - which I love, there is just something so great about the Italian Family! The food, the love, the traditions! La Festa is an event Louisville has each year at Memory Square put on by the Italian Club, which my Mimi and Papa Bill are members of. Typically we are in Lake Powell when this is going on, but due to some unfortunate circumstances (another blog!), we were able to make it this year. It was VERY hot, but we still enjoyed the afternoon. Ashtyn played at the park with Nana, while Eli and I relaxed under the tent socializing with family and friends. Of course I had to enjoy the amazing food - Gnocchi from Papa Franks is my favorite!

Aunt Gloria came to visit while we were there who I love to see and talk with - she reminds me so much of my Great Grandma, being her younger sister and all! Talking with her and watching her makes me miss my Great Grandma so much, she was such an amazing lady! I caught Papa Bill sleeping in his chair...


The Bocci tournament is a big deal at this event. Allie and John represented our family and did very well making it all the way to the Finals. Although they ended up coming in 2nd place it was a good game to watch - very entertaining!




I love sharing in the Italian Heritage and getting the chance to catch up with all the family and friends I grew up with. Louisville has gotten so big you don't recognise anybody anymore, so it was nice to go to an event and know or be related to almost everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment