
Eli turned 2 months on August 14
th! He went to his 2 month check up and these were his stats:
Weight: 10 lbs 4oz - 16% Height: 23 inches - 72%

Dr.
Greyson said he looked GREAT! but would like to see him gain more weight at his next appointment. She was impressed with how vocal he is for only being 2 months old - he def. showed off at his appointment cooing and smiling! Such a little flirt... Watching him get his shots was horrible
especially when we stuck out his lower lip and looked me! How awful you feel as a mother not being able to help them, but it has to be done.
EATING HABITS: I am not going to lie - feeding Eli has been
extremely difficult! He was eating great until I started introducing Formula around 6 weeks, since I needed to be done breastfeeding when I
returned to work at 8 weeks -
Ashtyn had NO problems switching to formula so I was not at all prepared for when Eli totally rejected the idea of formula! It took several weeks, different nipples with different
bottles and several formulas before Eli accepted the fact that there was no more milk from Mama and he would have to settle for formula! He still is not the best eater on formula and he is very
inconsistent with his intake - but that has always been a problem even with
breastmilk. Right now he is eating between 2 and 4 ounces every 2 to 3 hours depending on his mood! He tends to eat larger amounts in the evening then in the morning. This has been my toughest challenge with him - EATING! It's the one thing he needs to do and it is a constant battle - hence the low weight gain. So I am praying this stage gets
easier and we will both figure this feeding thing out - but currently he is on no schedule with no
consistency what so ever - maybe month 3 will be my lucky break!
SLEEPING: Ahhh! the one thing he has mastered is sleeping - Praise GOD! Eli slept through the night at 5 weeks and has done ever since then. He typically goes to bed around 9 or so and then will wake up between 6:30 and 7am. Typically, he takes another morning nap right after his 1st bottle and then cat naps the rest of the day. I am so Thankful for this! Having my sleep taken away with a two year old running around was killing me, so I am so lucky to have a baby who enjoys sleeping! He is sleeping in his crib, but will come into our bed in the morning to snuggle when Matt gets up to go to work.
PERSONALITY: Eli's personality is
definitely starting to shine through. He smiles all time and they are these huge smiles that just melt my heart
every time! Along with his smiles he coos - already telling you stories and wanting so bad to talk and laugh - I think because he hears his sister babble all day long! He knows familiar voices - especially
Ashtyn's as he will try to find her with his eyes and smile. He is still so laid back and very easy going. He typically only
cries when he is hungry or overly tired. He loves to be held and is still such a good
snuggler. He is constantly moving when he is awake - always moving his legs like a frog - maybe he will be a good jumper!
TRICKS: Eli is starting to become
familiar with his hands, but I don't think he has figured out what they can do - he just puts them in his mouth and sucks on them for now. His eyes are focused now and he will recognise
familiar faces. He also will stare at lights and his toys that hang on his
car seat and bouncer. He can roll on to his side, but once he is there he can't figure out what to do next so he just gets frustrated. He hates tummy time, but can lift his head up!

Eli is such a good baby making it easy to still enjoy the summer activities we do like going to the lake, the park,
BBQ's - he has experience so much already for only being 2 months old.
Ashtyn has returned back to normal and is so loving towards him. She will hold his hand in the stroller or car seat when he is crying, kisses him goodnight and is very protective of him with other people. We were at the park the other day and some little girl touched Eli, and
Ashtyn walked up to her and said "Don't touch my baby brother!" and then told me "Don't like her!" - we will see how long that lasts! He is finally fitting into all his cute summer clothes, but still prefers to be in his
jammies! He actually smiles when I put him in his
jammies after bath time - so some days I just leave him in them all day long!
I couldn't imagine life without him - I will admit I sometimes am a little overwhelmed having two kids, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world. Each month is like a new adventure - lets see what this next one will bring our way...

I know this is super late but Congrats on that sweet boy! He's adorable! You have a beautiful family!
ReplyDelete