
So Ashtyn is completely infatuated with bunnies, real bunnies, stuffed animal bunnies, any bunny - not sure why - maybe because she is a spring baby, but none the less she completely adores them. She is always asking questions about them - like "where do bunnies sleep?", "what do bunnies eat?" and so on... Well, with this love for bunnies Matt and I have found a way to use it to our advantage when we need her to do something. So for instance, when we need her to eat her dinner she will look at us and ask "Does bunnies like em'?" and of course our response is "Yes, bunnies like them" - therefore she will eat whatever we gave her. Same with going to bed, picking up toys and whatever else we need some persuasion with...Well the other day I was singing to the radio in the kitchen and apparently Ashtyn didn't approve of my lovely voice and she walked up to me, got in my face and said very seriously "Shh! Bunnies Sleeping!" - when she said this I just looked at her and replied - "Do you not like my singing" and she replied again "Shh! Bunnies Sleeping!" - Well at first I laughed, but then I realized she was telling me to basically "Shut Up!" but in a way she would not get in trouble! What a little stinker! So now when we do something that bothers her or she does not approve of she will use her famous phrase - "Shh! Bunnies Sleeping!" What are we going to do with her - it really amazes me sometimes how smart she is and how she already knows all about the concept of manipulation!
No comments:
Post a Comment